A registered nurse, with relevant clinical experience in oncology. Identifies the nursing care
needs and evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care for adult and geriatric radiation therapy patients
Required: PA RN License, BSN, AHA BLS
Preferred: OCN and ACLS
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Assesses learning needs, readiness to learn and actual or potential barriers to learning.
- Integrates primary and secondary diagnosis into the educational plan.
- Incorporates education into daily patient activity (i.e. medication, equipment,)
- Individualizes and documents educational plan based on age, cultural and spiritual values.
- Utilizes the information management system to enhance communication.
- Documents assessment / reassessment, plan, interventions and outcomes according to policy.
- Communicates and documents change inpatient's condition to all appropriate individuals.
- Documents emergency interventions according to policy.
- Completes admission assessment according to policy.
- Identifies patient/family/learning needs and implements teaching plan to meet identified needs. Modifies teaching plan based upon patients/significant others age, background and developmental level.
- Makes appropriate referrals to members of healthcare team and outside agencies.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation in patient's medical record.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.