12 Hour Day Shift
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, Emergency Room, this position has responsibility for the daily activities of patient care to provide for
the smooth operation of the unit. The incumbent oversees the clinical and medical plans of care of the department's patient population in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care. The incumbent in this position is also accountable for problem resolution, orienting, and mentoring of department personnel
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California is required.
2. BSN is preferred.
3. Minimum of three years of RN experience in an acute care setting, preferably in a supervisory/ leadership capacity, is required.
4. Demonstrated expertise in patient care management, and successful completion of area specific training program or equivalent experience is required.
5. Current National certification in specialty area is preferred.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and health care personnel and an ability to lead, direct, and mentor personnel is required.
7. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
8. Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required.
9. Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is required within six months of hire into position.
10. MICN is required within six months of hire into this position.
11. Training (in compliance with SAMC workplace violence policy) for care of behavioral health/aggressive-combative patients,
families, visitors, etc., is required within three (3) months of hire into position and annually thereafter
Pay Range $ 54.95 - 79.68
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!