It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis
Performs the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all assigned patients.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Actively supports the practice of nursing.
- Assess needs and problems of the patient/family and incorporates in the care plan.
- Collaborates with other departments as needed, to establish the patient/family treatment plan.
- Competent in using department equipment such as point of care testing equipment and intravenous infusion pumps as appropriate.
- Develops, individualizes, implements, evaluates or updates the plan of care and patient educational needs.
- Effectively demonstrates proper interpretation of department specific policies and related laboratory results to safely manage specific patient needs.
- Implements, monitors and records patient care and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Takes appropriate actions to unanticipated changes in patient condition.
- Possesses excellent intravenous insertion and assessment skills to include peripheral and central line access.
- Works collaboratively with other interprofessional team members in resolving patient/family problems, concerns and issues.
- Utilizes EHR to access treatment plans, therapy plans.
- As an SSM Health nurse, demonstrates the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Utilizes the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Anticoagulation Therapy Management Certification - University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions, Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Antigoagulation Care Provider (CACP) - National Certification Board for Anticoagulation Providers (NCBAP), Certified Oncology Nurse (OCN) - American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse (CPON) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate (ONS/ONCC) - Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License, Vascular Access Certification (VA-BC) - Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC)Work Shift:
PRN / Per Diem Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
38070128 Infusion Center LSLScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here