It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health at Home Lake Saint Louis
Eligible for up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus with 2+ years of experience!
Eligible for up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus with the minimum qualifications!
SSM Health at Home caregivers bring exceptional healthcare services to your home! Whether your recovering from an injury or learning to manage a chronic illness or medical condition, our experienced caregivers will partner with your physician to develop plan to optimize your quality of life.
SSM Health at Home also offers hospice services to patients with terminal illnesses. We offer pain relief medication, spiritual and counseling services, home medical equipment and therapy service.
We are seeking a Hospice RN Case Manager who is flexible, autonomous and a self-starter with strong assessment, problem solving and computer skills. In this position you will travel to patient homes and facilities to provide end of life care. Ourhospice team is dedicated to helpingpatients achieve the best quality of life possible, managing symptoms, pain, and anxiety, while providing emotional and spiritual support for our patients and families.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 - 4:30pm (Requires weekday on-call and weekend/holiday rotation)
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Driver License - State of Work Location, Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
80600114 Clinical ExcellenceScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here