The Revenue Cycle Representative (RCR) is an entry-level customer service and financial related position in the healthcare industry and within the department of Patient Financial Services.
The Psychiatric Patient Access (Psychiatric Admissions) will be expected to provide exceptional customer service to our external customers: patients, patient families, insurance contacts, etc; as well as internal customers. You will support UIHC's "Service Excellence" standards to all of our customer groups by demonstrating compassion, empathy, and respecting patient rights. You will utilize tools and processes to make independent decisions and will maintain integrity and treat internal and external customers respectfully.
The Admissions Specialist must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task & quickly change focus in fast-paced team environment. You will be expected to provide accurate and comprehensive information (verbally and in writing) to patients, outside agencies and various administrative and management personnel regarding all third-party interactions, patient billing and customer service activities. The Admissions Specialist must have the ability to exhibit compassion and empathy when working directly with patients and/or their families.
This position is primarily a combination of remote and onsite (hybrid) work locations. Remote work must be performed at an offsite location within the State of Iowa. Training will be held ONSITE at the HSSB building at a length determined by the supervisor. Remote eligibility will be evaluated upon a satisfactory job training opportunity. Successful candidates must comply with requirements of the remote work program and related policies.
- Analyze and verify patient demographic, insurance eligibility and financial information/responsibility for accurate claim submission and reimbursement.
- Review accounts and initiate pre-certification, pre-authorization, referral forms and other requirements related to managed care; route to appropriate departments as needed.
- Advise patients and/or family members about their healthcare accounts and link patients to the available funding sources such as: Medicaid, Healthcare Marketplace, Payment Plans and Uncompensated Care.
- Identify & report undesirable trends and reimbursement modeling errors or underlying causes of incorrect payment; review allowed variances from third party payers.
- Be expected to maintain a high-level of accuracy to meet productivity and quality requirements.
- Identify trends and/or work processes for potential process improvements.
- Review and analyze report data to provide status updates to leadership.
- Communicate with providers, payers, patients, internal departments, co-workers, and Coordinator's to resolve issues.
- Work with court system to provide time sensitive documents and ensure that deadline dates are met and that UIHC is in compliance.
- Maintain extensive working knowledge and expertise based around payer regulations/policies, financial classifications and financial assistance programs.
- Build and maintain solid working relationships with clinical staff, referral sources, insurance companies, medical providers and public.
Revenue Cycle Representative in Planned Admissions Department:
Patient Financial Services Staff Type:
Professional & Scientific Pay Grade:
2B Percent of Time:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm Salary:
$40,000 to $55,000
This position will include an additional 5% to base salary for high intensity a high-volume and high intensity patient contact. Location:
UIHC, Iowa City: 1700 JPP
This position is primarily a combination of remote and onsite (hybrid) work locations. Remote work must be performed at an offsite location within the State of Iowa. Training will be held ONSITE at the HSSB building at a length determined by the supervisor. Remote eligibility will be evaluated upon a satisfactory job training opportunity. Successful candidates must comply with requirements of the remote work program and related policies.Position Qualifications: Education Required
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Required Qualifications:
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- 6 months or more of related customer service experience in a professional, financial or health care related environment.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to gather and analyze data and keep accurate records.
- Proficiency with computer software applications, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) or comparable programs and an ability to quickly learn and apply new systems knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and ambiguous situations with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with initiative to seek out additional responsibilities, tasks, and projects.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal), active listening skills and the ability to maintain professionalism while handling difficult situations with callers or customers.
- Successful history collaborating in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience maintaining professionalism while handling difficult situations with callers or customers.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain or improve established productivity and quality requirements.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare billing (healthcare revenue cycle); insurance, and/or federal and state assistance programs.
- Experience identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations and suggestions.
- Working experience with multiple technology platforms such as Epic, Cirius, ACD, and/or GE.
- Ability to drive results and foster accountability throughout the team and organization.
- Maintain current awareness of industry trends and continually strive for improvement with both technical and professional skills.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" for the submission:
- (optional) Cover Letter
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the date of closing.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Maddie Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classification Title: Revenue Cycle Representative
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: Hybrid within Iowa
- Pay Level: 2B
- Starting Salary Minimum: 40000
- Starting Salary Maximum: 55000
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Maddie Lin
- Contact Email: email@example.com