Great opportunity for a Respiratory Therapist, RRTprofessional to work in an organization that focuses on treating the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Be Remarkable!
Respiratory Therapist, RRT Position Summary:
Performs patient assessments and procedures related to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiopulmonary disorders. Demonstrates clinical skill and cognitive ability in the implementation of therapist driven protocols, the set up and maintenance of respiratory related equipment, the administration of medications, and performs invasive procedures. Participates in patient, family, and multi-disciplinary education. Works with patients of all ages and is competent to operate age appropriate equipment in both the acute and sub-acute areas of Mercy Health. Emphasis is on the maintenance of life support equipment along with related treatments and procedures designed to support or improve a patient's cardio-respiratory status.
What the Respiratory Therapist, RRT will need:
What the Respiratory Therapist, RRT will do:
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program offering Associate's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience Completes level I and level II therapist competency validation requirements
- Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure by the State of Michigan. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- BCLS certification
- At least six(6) months of clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Demonstrated competency in all Adult, Pediatric and Neonatal applications of Respiratory Care
- Ability to manage high volume of workload and to remain organized and composed with frequent interruptions
- If CRT must obtain RRT within 6 months of hire
Hours of Work:
- Perform therapist driven protocols, patient assessments, administration of medications, and evaluates patient response to therapies. Documents s performance and results of therapies. Performs all actions (therapeutic and diagnostic) according to policy and procedure.
- Participates in patient, family, and multi-disciplinary education.
- Professional responsibility for continued learning.
- Accurately maintains the Order Entry and Charging system related to services rendered.
- Assists with data collection and projects for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and the Respiratory Care Department process improvement plan.
- Supervises and assists in the training of new employees and students.
- Cleans, assembles, maintains and troubleshoots all Respiratory Care Department equipment while utilizing supplies and resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Participates as a member of the CPR team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 36 hrs per week 7pm-7am and every other weekend.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.