The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
To provide full scope of cardiopulmonary services to all ages of patients in need of these services. To insure that care provided is performed with respect of patient's rights and dignity. To assist in problem solving in all aspects of patients care.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy program, or equivalent, approved by the National Board for Respiratory Care with AS Degree.
Minimum Experience: Must have one year clinical experience in respiratory treatment of hospital patients.
License, Certification, Registration: Processes National Board of Respiratory Care(NBRC) credentials, CRTT, CRT,RT, or RRT. New graduate must achieve certification within one year of hire date. Must pass BLS, encourage ACLS, and PALS certification.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret Physicians orders, technical manuals, hospital and departmental policies. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Physicians, Managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to explain to patients reason and technique for respiratory treatment modalities performed for them. Ability to determine when translation from English into patients spoken language, using an interpreter, may be necessary. Ability to accurately document therapies administered to patients. Ability to write reports, and assist with revising of procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skill: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Cardiopulmonary Technical Skills: Airway Management, CPR, intubation assist, ventilator operation and management, ABG procurement and analysis, chest physiotherapy, patient suctioning techniques, RSV and AFB sample procurement, knowledge of respiratory therapy medications, delivery methods, indications, and contraindications, PFT testing.
Equipment/Tools: Adult, pediatric and Infant ventilators, bag valves mask, Pulse oximeter, suction equipment, O2 cylinders and O2 concentrators, Nebulizers, supplemental O2 delivery devices for all ages pulmonary function equipment, treadmill/stress testing equipment, EKG machines, Holter and event monitors, ISTAT arterial blood gas analyzer.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13526Location:BethelDepartment:Respiratory ServicesEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)