It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-Ripon Medical Center
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.
At Ripon Medical Center, we have a PRN, or Casual Respiratory Therapist opening. This position is not benefit eligible.
As anRespiratory Therapist, you've chosen a career where patients matter-a lot.
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
As anRespiratory Therapist you will care for patients in their most critical time of illness.
We proudly leverage our skills to effect positive outcomes for all of our patients.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- Respiratory Therapistsfeel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you're a patient advocate first...
If you listen and respond with great care...
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you...
Then we'd love to learn more!Please fill out your application today.
Join a network ofRespiratory Therapistsjust as kind and powerful as you.Job Summary:
Provides evaluation of and care for respiratory therapy patients. Administers prescribed respiratory therapeutic services.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assists with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participates in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processes equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responds to Medical Emergencies and Rapid Responses.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and education.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE - Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) within 6 months - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), Respiratory Care Practitioner - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
43020182 RESPIRATORY THERAPYScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here