The Residential Lending Officer II is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, pre- underwriting and coordinating the closing of residential mortgage, conventional mortgage, and HELOCs in compliance with the Bank’s lending policies and procedures; develops business checking and deposit relationships with customers; and promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Residential Lending Officer II is responsible for attaining established Bank and department goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Has an in depth knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA underwriting criteria.
- Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to Loan Committee for approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; approves loans within established lending limits or refers and recommends acceptance to the Chief Credit Officer or Loan Committee.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
- Ensures that credit requests are thoroughly vetted to establish credit worthiness and help manage the bank’s risk of loss or exposure
- Ensures that loan closings are handled in an efficient and effective way with customer service and compliance considerations always foremost.
- Negotiates, pre-underwrites and processes renewals of mortgage credit facilities.
- Approves loan payments, draws from lines of credit, and fund transfers within specified limits.
- Authorizes commitment and decline letters.
- Follows all prescribed requirements for brokered loans. Maintaining knowledge of requirements established by each lender.
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the department and Bank; implements costs controls, income generation, and department and Bank marketing efforts; monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Utilizes Bank’s loan origination system to input and track applications.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
- Cross sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Directly responsible in meeting annual deposit and loan growth goals assigned by Senior Management.
- Provides training to less experienced staff members.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Comply with all applicable OSHA safety standards, including:
- Read the workplace safety and health poster at the jobsite.
- Report hazardous conditions to your supervisor and/or HR
- Report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor and/or HR, and seek treatment promptly.
Complies with all bank policies and procedures and all applicable government regulations including, but not limited to ECOA and Reg B, Truth In Lending Act, Reg Z, RESPA, Reg X, Fair Housing Policy, Fair Lending Policy, HMDA, Flood Disaster Protection Act policy, Homeownership Counseling Policy, Identity Theft Program Policy, Fair Credit Reporting act (FCRA) and Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), Service members Civil Relief Act Policy and Safe Act. Staying current and knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and regulations related to the job functions and completing all assigned training on time, requesting additional training as needed to be proficient in all job responsibilities; cooperating with internal and external auditors and bank examiners by providing full cooperation and timely delivery of requested documentation and information; and reporting concerns about compliance to the Compliance Officer to enable prompt remediation.
- Complies with Bank policies and procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) guidance. Report suspicious activity to the BSA Department through a Suspicious Incident Report (SIR).
- Adheres to privacy and information security policies, and ensure all sensitive internal and external customer information is properly secured and safeguarded. Use secure methods delivering client and/or confidential data by email.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; and maintains a diverse workforce.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. he requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from a college or university; 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Mastered knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology. Mastered knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan processing.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Proven ability to develop marketing and business development skills with customers.
- Intermediate knowledge of branch operation procedures, Bank products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to provide leadership and training using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Basic knowledge of human resource and labor laws and policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Candidate is required to be registered by NMLS.
- Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.