GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Center for Alzheimer Research and Treatment is looking for a highly motivated student volunteer to assist in the recruitment efforts for the AHEAD Study. The AHEAD study is funded by the National Institute of Health and Eisai Co, Ltd, and is recruiting cognitively normal adults who may be at risk for developing Alzheimer's disease. The study will test whether an investigational drug can reduce the buildup of a protein called amyloid in the brain and prevent a decline in memory and other thinking abilities. A commitment of at least 8-10 hours per week is required, and evening and/or weekend hours are available. This is a great opportunity for a student who is looking for research experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Speak directly with potentially interested participants over the phone to explain the study and ask a series of questions that will help determine initial eligibility.
- Obtain medical record release forms and medical records from potential participants, following up as necessary.
- Communicate with the MD reviewing records each week and maintain documentation in the recruitment tracking system.
- Administer tests (via telephone) that assess memory and other thinking abilities.
- Schedule screening visits under the supervision of the Operations/Project Managers.
- Enter data into a recruitment registry regarding outreach events and participant screening.
- Maintain a recruitment registry.
- Assist study doctors and outreach specialists as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma Required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication, comfortable talking on the phone.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with a variety of people and on the telephone.
- Strong team player and can communicate well within an interdisciplinary team.
- High level of organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions and protocol requirements.
- Possess well-developed computer skills.
- Respect the strict confidentiality of medical records and study data.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.