Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, independently carries out and designs highly sophisticated and independent experiments in computational biology and bioinformatics. Will work in laboratory space dedicated to principal investigator with additional potential to establish successful project-specific collaborations in a variety-of directions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Researches, develops, designs, executes and interprets research experiments in computational biology and bioinformatics.
2. Contributes to scientific literature, reports, journals and presentations.
3. Investigates, creates and develops new computational analysis methods and algorithms for research advancement.
This individual is expected to serve as an intellectual resource for other lab fellows and students, providing expertise in statistical data analysis, computational biology, and bioinformatics.
The successful candidate will have recently completed graduate studies in a PhD or MD/PhD program with a strong research and publication record in computational biology and bioinformatics.
• Strong research design and analytical skills in computational biology and bioinformatics.
• Strong database statistical skills.
• In-depth knowledge of field of research in computational biology and bioinformatics.
• Excellent time management/organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.