If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Epidemiology & Population Health Science has an exciting opportunity for a part time Research Assistant. The Research Assistant supports research activities under the direction of the principal investigator or other research investigators. The Research Assistant contributes with research investigators by providing research and experimentation support while following established protocols. Further, the Research Assistant performs a clerical role to ensure the smooth operations of office facilities.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.QUALIFICATIONSEducation:
- Contributes to basic and applied research activities by collecting and analyzing data, maintaining databases, etc.
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the publication of significant results.
- Advances expertise through continued education, training and/or research.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice and guidance.
Candidates for this position should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in public health or related field.Experience:
One year of relevant work experience required.Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Flexible schedule including weekends. Up to 20 hours per week.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of problems.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type: