General Summary Overview Statement :
Research Assistant II position in the Department of Psychiatry at the Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA. Functioning independently and under the direction of several Principal Investigators, assists professional staff in coordinating multiple clinical research studies (according to research study guidelines), including recruiting participants, scheduling appointments, performing psychiatric assessments, assuring completion of visits and accurate collection, entry, and processing of study data, and assisting in IRB submissions. Act as a liaison with grant funding agencies (federal, foundation, pharma) when necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts and supports scientific research. Coordinates the implementation, both
internally and externally, of clinical research studies.
- Completes structured psychiatric assessments.
- May develop, design and interpret scientific research protocols/experiments including data collection systems and institutional review board approval.
- Manages/facilitates IRB submissions, additions and changes.
- Initiates and maintains contact with study participants. Responsible for screening
applicants, ensuring they meet appropriate criteria, and makes judgement as to the suitability of their participation.
- Working in conjunction with Principal Investigators, develops and implements patient recruitment strategies.
- Develops, organizes and /or maintains the study database. Responsible for data
validation and quality control.
- Contributes to the scientific literature, reports, journals and presentations. Performs
literature searches, as appropriate.
- All other research and administrative duties as assigned by Principal Investigator.
- BS or BA.
- 2-5 years of directly related, progressively more responsible, experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working with psychiatric patients preferred.
To apply, please send 1) your CV, 2) a 1-page statement of your scientific interests and career goals, and 3) letter of contact information for three references. A two-year commitment is expected.
- Ability to work well independently, prioritizing work according to and within established study protocols.
- Excellent organizational skills to accomplish a variety of responsibilities and to establish and maintain efficient systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with a variety of people in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to work under stress and within deadlines; the clinical research setting is a very busy and demanding environment.
- Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
- Knowledge of research protocols.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of data management programs.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and treat others with respect at all times.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.EEO Statement
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.