University of Iowa Health Care Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a Research Assistant to provide support for research by preparing and submission of new and annual IRB applications. ACURF or similar protocol submissions. Prepare progress reports and provide regulatory support for sponsored research studies to FDA or study sponsors. May assist Financial Analyst with budget preparations and schedules for University of Iowa Healthcare and granting agencies. Research in the natural, health, physical and social sciences is included in this job family. Key areas of responsibilities include conducting research activities/experiments, collecting, analyzing and summarizing data, preparing reports, contributing to manuscripts/publications, administrative and project management, facilities and equipment management, and supervision/staffing. Duties to include:
- Research: Extracted data from EPIC system to compare patient electronic records with recorded information.
- Experiments, Investigations, Evaluations: Perform procedures assuring fidelity to protocols.
- Collect, Analyze and Summarize Data; Prepare Reports; Contribute to Manuscripts, Publications: Collect and track, perform data entry for reports and maintain records of methods used
- Administrative and Project Management: Assist with IRB, ACURF or similar protocol submissions, if applicable.
- Facilities and Equipment Management: Assist in the preparation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory and facility equipment.
- Supervision/Staffing: May train, provide direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling of employees to assure outcomes are achieved.
For a full job description with all responsibilities/duties, please send an email to Internal Medicine HR at lydiAbout Otolaryngology
The department of Otolaryngology was founded in 1922, the department is one of the oldest in the United States and one of the most comprehensive in the world. Our department prides itself on its highest standards of patient care. For this we credit the balance that we strike between clinical work, training, and research. Each of these elements contributes to a thorough and compassionate approach to patient care. Click here to learn more about our team! Required Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Minimum 1 year of experience working with IRB is required.
Minimum of 1 year of experience performing data entry and correction on source documents and into electronic data capture system is required.
Experience extracting data from EPIC is required.
Experience working with clinical trials or studies is required.
Experience creating and documenting regulatory manuals is required.
Experience evaluating risk levels of research studies for IRB applications is required.
Experience with Microsoft Suite applications focusing on MS Excel and Word is required. Desirable Qualifications
General understanding of research conduct as outlined in a research protocol is desirable.
General knowledge of University of Iowa Healthcare policies and procedures is desirable.Position and Application Details
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission:
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education/credential verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Internal Medicine HR at Intmedfirstname.lastname@example.orgBenefits Highlights
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm.
- Classification Title: Research Assistant
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Lydia Messer
- Contact Email: email@example.com