**Remote work available**
This role is responsible for leading the use of data to make decisions. This includes: data preparation, feature engineering, development and execution of new machine learning predictive modeling algorithms, coding/development of tools that use machine learning/predictive modeling to make business decisions, results delivery and dashboarding, searching for and integrating new data (both internal and external) that improves our modeling and machine learning results (and ultimately our business decisions), and discovery of solutions to business problems that can be solved through the use of machine learning/predictive modeling. This role will also begin to manage projects of medium complexity.
- Uses best practices to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs and to improve the accuracy of our data and data-driven decisions
- Develops a deep understanding of drivers of business performance and monitors operational impact to bottom line results.
- Owns and maintain stakeholder relationships to gather requirements, translate requirements into data science workflows and deliver timely, insightful, and actionable recommendations.
- Collaborates with Claims Leadership in targeted management of functional areas utilizing existing and new measures of business performances.
- Reviews, evaluates and communicates appropriateness of modeling techniques and results to team, leadership and stakeholders to ensure these are well understood and incorporated into business processes. With coaching, develops and executes communication strategy, keeping stakeholders informed and finding opportunities to influence the direction of work.
- Collaborates with the team and works on data and business problems in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions and business results through designing, building, and partnering to implement machine learning/predictive models. Understands the business' problems to identify the optimal modeling approach.
- Identifies languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Utilizes effective project planning techniques to break down moderately complex machine learning/predictive modeling and/or development projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept
This job does not have supervisory responsibilitiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Master's or PhD
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets and ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience working with unstructured data including text, audio, and video
- 5+ years of experience in writing advanced SQL, NoSQL in multiple syntaxes
- 5+ years of experience in Python, R, SAS, other relevant programming languages, or analytic packages
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following: statistics, time series analysis, numerical analysis, numerical optimization, machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks, NLP, and data science
- Experience with business intelligence solutions, automation, cloud computing, data warehousing, data lakes, Azure, AWS, GCP.
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.