VCA Tanglewood Animal Hospital located in Austin, Texas is looking for a relief Veterinarian who enjoys practicing advanced medicine with a cohesive, tenured team.
We have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person's individual skill and personality. We are a small animal, AAHA accredited general practice in music capital of the world, Austin. We are a growing team seeking to adapt, learn and be the best that we can be. Our team values empathy, humor, work-life balance, compassionate patient care, and integrity. You are treated like family here.
South Austin is a cultural hot spot in the Hill Country. This community has a rich musical history, a thriving artistic community and is the location of the South by Southwest, Austin City Limits festival, Formula 1 and more!
Tanglewood is 15 minutes south of downtown. Enjoy the great outdoors with a hike up Barton Springs or Pedernales Falls, or a cup of coffee and your choice of local cafes and food trucks. We are within minutes to Lake Austin, Lake Travis, Lady Bird Lake, Mueller Lake, and Lake Pflugerville.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com