Registration Technician - Village Operations
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Collect, update and input patient demographics, history, and insurance information into the appropriate health registration system. Enter order of insurance for patient visits. Responsible for timely collection, review and preparation of patient charge documents. Occasional posting of charges and payments. Scheduling new appointments and coordinating screening times.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of registration process. One (1) year related office experience within last three (3) years. One (1) year customer service experience within last three (3) years. Knowledge of office equipment. Basic computer skills.
- Typing speed of 45 wpm and 10-key by touch. Experience with printers, photocopiers, fax machines, and multi-line phone systems.
- Applicant must have very good mathematical skills. Ability to speak Yup'ik preferable. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Accuracy and dependability a must. Interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with medical/clinical personnel on a routine basis. Required to meet monthly deadlines to ensure prompt payments. Applicant must demonstrate very good time-management and organizational skills which are required to maintain efficiency in meeting day-to-day expectations. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13515Location:BethelDepartment:Village OperationsEmployment Duration:40 Part timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)