5 South Acute Nurse
Hiring for various shifts (full/part time, day, nights, rotating)
(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive pay: Up to 15k recruitment bonus ( 2 years experience)
Additional Benefits: Relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, free parking
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical Advancement Program
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- full-time 7am - 7pm or 7 pm - 7 am shift schedule
- Reporting to the Director of 5 South Acute with over 22 years of clinical experience.
- Unit has DaVinci robot assisted surgery
- This is a 30-bed surgical specialty unit provides also has unique sub-specialties
- Unit also has a Nurse in Charge that takes patient assignments and will assist fellow nurses, Nurse Educator, Patient Care Technicians and Tele Monitor Techs to support the nursing staff.
What you will need:Required:
- Provide care for patients admitted for various procedures such as: abdominal surgeries, resolve obstructions, vascular/thoracic surgeries, and Joint & Spine surgeries.
- Provide pre/post-operative care, educate the patient and family on procedures.
- Management of post-operative care patients: infection protocols, bleeding, pain mgmt., DVT and G-Tubes
- Med-Surg patients can require care for appendicitis, vomiting due to ileus, abdominal pain and reading patients EKG strips.
- Create care plans for patients being transferred from the Emergency Department and direct admit to the unit
- Review cardiac rhythms for patients on the unit
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- BLS certification (American Heart Association); additional Life Support training as applicable to unit requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (BSN or MSN) preferred. Note, if the basic professional degree is not present on hire, the employee must engage in a basic professional nursing degree program within twelve (12) months of hire
- 1 year of experience in an acute care setting
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2021.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.