** $2,500 Sign On Bonus **
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
The Endoscopy Nurse is accountable for the quality of nursing care rendered to patients. Assesses, plans, implements, directs, supervises, and evaluates direct and indirect nursing care for patients in the gastroenterology/endoscopy setting.
This position is part of the Massachusetts Nurses Association Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager/Director and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required; BSN preferred
- Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 3 months of hire or transfer into position.
- PALS or ENPC certification required within 3 months of hire or transfer into position.
- PACU experience required.
- One (1) to three (3) years medical/surgical experience required plus 1-year critical care experience required.
- Ability to work in the pre-procedure, procedure, post-procedure areas of endoscopy.
- Active participation in the service line model for care redesign process
- Demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Additional unit-specific education and experience requirements are outlined in the Addendum for each unit.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.