GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Responsible for overseeing, coordinating and maintaining the efficient utilization of available imaging time and human resources within the division on a daily basis. Staff will be required to float among radiology clinics associated with BWH as needed. These sites are, but not limited to: 75 Francis Street Boston MA.,221 Longwood Boston MA.,850 Boylston Street ,Chestnut Hill MA, and 20 Patriot Place Foxboro, MA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all staff technologist duties as required.
2. Supervises and coordinates patient flow within the division on a daily basis. Assists clerical and support staff within the division as necessary.
3. Performs Quality Control checks of exams and equipment as established by the division. Possess a thorough knowledge of equipment and troubleshooting techniques. Identifies problems and takes appropriate corrective actions and follow up.
4. Organizes preventative maintenance schedules for the divisional equipment as required.
5. Monitors adherence to safety policies established within the hospital and division.
6. Actively involved in ongoing Quality Improvement Projects within the division. Directly responsible for reviewing and maintaining Divisional C-list activities.
7. Assists the Chief Technologist with the Planning and development of divisional staffing schedules. Assists with the preparation of payroll and attendance records for divisional staff.
8. In conjunction with Technologist(s) assumes on-call coverage and shifts not covered by the staff. To remain flexible in all shift coverage situations.
9. Actively implements and participates in new staff orientation and instruction of various personnel and technology students (medical radiography etc.). Facilitate the ongoing development of all staff within the division.
1. Maintains effective working relations and communication with divisional and other hospital personnel, i.e., professional, nursing, etc. Assist technical and professional staff with the development and implementation of protocols and research projects.
11. Responsible for maintaining availability of supplies and inventory as assigned by divisional procedure. Ensures all expendable products are within safe use periods.
12. Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations.
13. Responsible for daily personnel decisions within the division. Provides feedback concerning staff performance. Informs and provides input to the Chief technologist concerning personnel disciplinary issues. Provide input for selection of staff. Assists Chief Technologist with preparation of staff evaluations.
14. Recommends and implements policies and procedures with regard to technical aspects of the division and provides direction necessary to ensure that all examinations are performed in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
15. Reviews daily exam records to ensure data is complete and accurate for divisional activity.
1) Must be a graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology; possess a current permanent Massachusetts License in Radiography and current certification and registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or equivalent.
2) 3 - 5 years progressive experience as a Radiologic Technologist; 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
3) Has obtained or is pursuing an educational degree or its equivalent
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with departmental staff, medical staff, patients and other hospital personnel.
2. Must possess analytical abilities necessary to effectively utilize advanced knowledge of imaging processes, techniques, procedures and anatomy to direct activities, develop policies and procedures, ensure compliance and evaluate procedures and equipment.
3. Must have the ability to adapt to changing pace (stressful situations) within the department, with frequent interruptions.
4. Presents a positive attitude and a professional appearance.
5. Must be physically capable of lifting, (linen, supplies, patients, etc.).
6. A comprehensive understanding of the Radiology Information Systems and all Hospital Information System that integrates with the Department of Radiology for all patient information needs (EPIC,RADIANT, Order entry systems, PACS etc.).
7. Must demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt to diverse roles as a member of the departmental team.
8. Must be aware of hazards within the department ionizing radiation, standard precautions, etc.), and adhere to safety standards established by BWH and regulatory agencies.
1. Must be prepared to work overtime, holidays and weekends as needed.
2. Works in a large open area in radiology which is noisy and tends to have extreme temperature and humidity variations.
3. Minimal exposure to ionizing radiation when using proper safety procedures.
4. Continuous standing and lifting.
5. Exposure to human waste and disease.
6. Considerable stress from dealing with a wide variety of hospital staff, patients and families.
Provides supervision over day-to-day operation of the Division. Duties involve supervisory responsibilities for up to 15 subordinate personnel and coordinating the activities of others.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.