Cooley Dickinson is the hospital where Radiology Technologists can grow and accelerate their careers. We are seeking professionals who are committed to the highest quality patient care and will contribute to our on-going pursuit of excellence.
With energy and purpose, Cooley Dickinson Health Care, a member of the Mass General Brigham system, is advancing health care in western Massachusetts, and has been since 1886. Our network employs more than 2,000 medical professionals and support staff, at our main Hospital campus in Northampton and additional locations in twelve towns throughout the Pioneer Valley. Cooley Dickinson'sVNA & Hospice is also a vital part of our network, providing home-based services throughout Hampshire and Franklin counties.
Accolades and Recognition
Our staff has been consistently recognized for the quality of care and commitment to patient safety provided on a daily basis. Some of these awards include:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- 5-star rating
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- Beacon Award for Excellence
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader designation
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) awarded a Level 3
- Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation (GEDA)
- Baby-Friendly USA designated
- Baby-Friendly Hospital
- Newsweek Magazine and Statista named us one of the country's
- Best Maternity Hospitals
- Cooley Dickinson has earned six consecutive'A' Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade and the TopGeneral Hospital award
In addition to competitive pay, all Cooley Dickinson employees who work 20 hours or more per week have access to the following benefits with no waiting period:
a range of health, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance benefits
a generous and flexible Earned Time Off program starting at six weeks accrual per year
403(b) retirement plan with various investment options
opportunities and support for continued education including tuition reimbursement
The Weekend On-Call Radiologic Technologist is responsible for performing radiographic procedures using stationary, portable, and specialized equipment at a technical and professional level that does not require constant supervision and is of acceptable quality.
This position is part of the 1199SEIU Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Supervisor, Diagnostic Radiology and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
The typical coverage hours of this position are Saturdays 7:00am - Sundays 11:30pm, every third weekend. Hours and weekends may vary depending on departmental needs.Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree required. For those candidates who meet requirements of licensing and registration agencies and have been grandfathered by those agencies, Associate's degree requirement may be waived, but a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Current licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and registry eligibility required; ARRT registration must be completed within six (6) months of hire. Continuing education credits must meet State and Registry Licensing requirements.
- Current CPR certification required
- 1-2 years of experience preferred; technologist must be trained and capable of handling patients completely from invitro through adult
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.