A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma in St. Louis, MO is seeking a Scientist to be a part of our Virus and Gene Therapy (VGT) team. The Scientist will support the development of products and processes for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) and Lentivirus (LV) viral vector production. This is a customer-facing process development group working on both upstream and downstream activities associated with viral vector manufacturing. You will also provide input for areas of innovation and new product development to advance MilliporeSigma as the leader in viral vector bioprocessing.
As a member of the VGT team, your responsibilities include the planning and execution of experimental designs for the development of unique mammalian producer cell lines for stable viral vector production. In addition, the maintenance of adherent and suspension cell lines used for gene therapy applications, bench scale virus production, analytical analysis for product quality/process recoveries, good documentation skills, and general lab maintenance duties. This position requires a combination of intensive laboratory work, generation and delivery of scientific reports, and organization of documents. The candidate will work in a matrix environment as a member of a highly dynamic team, working on multiple projects and contributing to the development of current and future cell-line engineering technologies and methods.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biotechnology or other Applied Science discipline with 5+ years' experience in viral gene therapy or a Master's degree in Biology, Biotechnology or other Applied Science discipline and 3+ years' experience in viral gene therapy or a PhD in Biology, Biotechnology or other Applied Science discipline and 1+years' experience in viral gene therapy
- 2+ years' experience working with aseptic technique
- 2+ years mammalian cell culture experience
What we offer:
- Experience with cell line engineering methods and processes
- Hands-on experience in Upstream or Downstream Bioprocessing unit operations and development and use of analytical assays
- Experience in troubleshooting automated instrumentation and process equipment
- Proficiency in molecular biology methods including gene editing and expression vector construction for high level r-protein production
- Experience with LV and/or AAV viral vector production
- Knowledge and/or experience developing GMP processes
- Knowledge of downstream unit operations (cell clarification, tangential flow filtration, and various chromatography systems) desired
- Ability to exercise significant judgment when analyzing complex projects and demonstrate a high level of scientific achievement and understanding
- Experience with various bioinformatic and office computer software systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to work efficiently on challenging complex projects with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215416
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.