A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Safety Specialist. This position reports to and provides support for the Semiconductor R&D Safety Manager. The mission is to provide guidance, coaching and support to the labs to foster a world class safety culture. This will encompass Semiconductor R&D labs globally.
The duties and responsibilities of this position fall into three general categories: site support, program management, administrative tasks:
- Site support includes participating in hazard assessments, leading incident investigations, providing classroom or specialized training and general safety support and coaching
- Program management includes maintaining and improving existing safety programs such as hazard assessment and incident investigation, standards and best practice development and understanding the engagement of the employees in the Semiconductor R&D safety program
- Administrative tasks include managing KPIs, the training schedule, monthly meetings and maintaining the share site
This position is remote with global travel on a limited basis (20-30%) post COVID restrictions.Who you are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- 5+ years' experience in a safety role
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Occupational Safety
- Experience working as a safety professional in a chemical environment
- Experience with EHS regulatory compliance requirements
- Safety certification
- Experience in leading and coaching incident investigations and root cause analyses
- Experience with process safety
- Ability to communicate with colleagues remotely, including teleconferences during off-hours
- Excellent communication and team skills (organizing, influencing) to work across all levels of the Technology organization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!Curious?
Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC,Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Job Requisition ID: 249273
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.