NOTE: THIS POSITION IS BENEFITTED, BUT IS INITIALLY ONLY CONTRACTED THROUGH MID-FEBRUARY 2022. IT COULD CONTINUE IF AWARDED A CONTRACT. COVID VACCINATION REQUIRED
Under general supervision, serves as a member of the Project Team responsible for coordinating and implementing clinical quality improvement (QI) activities for specified projects involving physician offices. This includes generating clinical quality reports from various electronic health record (EHR) systems in physician practices. This position is responsible for evaluating efficiency and effectiveness and recommending improvements both externally for physician offices served, and internally for all work activities that fall within the team responsibilities.
Duties require technical knowledge of the CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP), excellent communication skills, and provide great customer service. Under general supervision, serves as a member of the project team responsible for providing quality technical assistance and coaching, related to the QPP, to eligible clinicians in physician practices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, responding to HSAG QPP Support phone line and email inquiries with the goal of providing efficient and effective technical assistance that meets individual provider needs for delivering quality care. This position is responsible for documenting, evaluating efficiency and effectiveness of, and recommending improvements for all work activities that fall within the team responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides coverage for the HSAG QPP Support phone line to assist customers with questions related to the QPP requirements.
- Embraces and promotes strong values in customer service. Seeks to understand and meet customer needs and expectations through communication, cooperation, and collaboration.
- Documents information using appropriate reporting tools such as the SharePoint, Customer Relationship Management, and summary reports.
- Identifies and spreads best practices to improve quality of care and care coordination.
- Ability to multitask and perform other tasks and assignments as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Communicates/consults with providers on a regular basis to inform them of project goals, objectives, and quality indicators, as well as to ascertain providers\' needs for technical assistance from HSAG.
- Ability to keep up to date with trends, best practices, knowledge of the QPP, and health information technology field and share knowledge with other team members.
- Ability to work independently under the general guidance and supervision of immediate supervisor.
- Ability to effectively work with geographically separated teams across multiple states.
- Assesses providers’ EHR systems and identifies barriers to QI and reporting of quality measures. In collaboration with the project team, determines appropriate interventions to mitigate barriers and shares these with providers.
- Serves as the lead HSAG contact for assigned physician offices (POs). Responsible for leading POs through QI activities using their EHR. Identifies and helps overcome barriers to a successful implementation of pay-for-performance initiatives related to recognized quality measures.
- Provides necessary education and materials, and directs eligible clinicians to resources that will assist them with understanding the QPP and how to utilize problem solving and quality improvement techniques.
- Assists in the development of training programs and the provision of technical assistance to providers, partners, and stakeholders and participates in educational presentations as required.
- Assists POs in effectively using the EHR for care management and supports the establishment of processes and procedures for reporting quality measures.
- Utilizes problem-solving techniques, and other QI methods to demonstrate to providers how current processes may create or ease bottlenecks in their workflow. Provides educational support to providers regarding ways to improve existing processes and subcomponents or design new ones to improve performance and/or documentation on quality indicators failing to meet established standards.
- Discusses quality improvement in face-to-face meetings with providers and fields open questions to appropriate HSAG staff members and resources for resolution.
- Functions productively as part of a QI team, able to share knowledge and collaborate effectively to enhance team performance.
- Readily absorbs new information, and adapts processes to enhance QI service offerings.
- Consistently documents interventions and activities using appropriate reporting tools such as the SharePoint, Customer Relationship Management, and on-site summary reports.
- Identifies and disseminates best practices to enable improvements in quality of care and care coordination.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently under the general guidance and supervision of an immediate supervisor.
- Answers calls and responds to emails.
- Handles customer inquiries both telephonically and by email.
- Researches required information using available resources.
- Manages and resolves customer concerns.
- Provides customers with tools, resources, and QPP information.
- Enters new customer information into system.
- Updates existing customer information.
- Processes new enrollment forms and applications.
- Identifies and escalates priority issues.
- Routes calls to appropriate resource.
- Follows up on customer calls when necessary.
- Documents all call information according to standard operating procedures.
- Completes call logs.
- Produces call reports as necessary.
- Health care professional with a bachelor\'s degree in an appropriate science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology.
- Some experience in a call center or customer service environment preferred.
- Knowledge of EHRs, meaningful use, e-prescribing, registries, health information exchange concepts, as well as health information technology standards is required. Health care quality experience is preferred.
- General knowledge of data, databases, and networks.
- General knowledge of reporting and query tools.
- Current understanding of the changing health care market place, especially in the area of diffusion of technology in the physician office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Proficient in oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, set appropriate priorities, and draw valid conclusions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. DISCLAIMER
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.