APC Construction, a CRH Company, is a 67-year old, third generation, local, family-owned business specializing in aggregate mining, asphalt paving, construction material supply and complete civil construction. APC and its valued employees are recognized for their dedication to quality work, workforce development, and compliance to stringent safety standards, integrity and innovation. APC has always thought of its staff as family and provides competitive wages, salaries and excellent benefits!
Under the general supervision of the Quality Control Manager, the ideal candidate will follow established policies and procedures as written out by the company. The candidate will perform ASTM tests on aggregates and asphalt and raw materials to ensure product quality and conformance to specifications; assist customers with questions regarding aggregates and asphalt performance, mix designs, specifications, etc.
WAGE RANGE: $20 to $24 dependent on experience
We will train the right candidate.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Safety First Mentality; Abides by all safety rules and regulations. All unsafe practices and conditions will need to be reported promptly.
- Performs required ASTM tests onaggregates and asphalt.
- Performs aggregate sieve analysis and drafts reports regularly to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Maintains all equipment in good operational conditions and ensures equipment is calibrated correctly.
- During production, coordinates concrete mix design adjustments with Plant Foreman/Batchmen.
- Provides quality customer service by answering questions and complaints in a timely and professional manner. The candidate shall maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Duties may include night work.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Two year's experience preferred with quality control testing.
- CAPA certification is preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to perform various tests on plastic concrete and aggregate.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with ASTM specifications and ACI standards.
- Skill and ability to calibrate equipment properly and accurately are essential.
- Additional skills needed include analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills-the ability to use a personal computer to record data and generate reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge relative to all field and lab procedures.
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools, including but not limited to hand shovel, pick, construction bar, rake, broom, and other hand-held power tools.
- Knowledge of safety rules for construction sites and the ability to abide by them.
- Attention to detail.
- Regular and on-time attendance required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must posses and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and swing shifts when needed due to contractual obligations.
- Report to work dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and operating various hand and power tools, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and bending over for extended periods of time.
- Requires reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting. Often requires lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 90 pounds. Sometimes requires working at heights.
- Requires correct vision and hearing within normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Ability to lift, move up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow all his/her supervisor's instructions and complete other work assignments.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APC Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Technician, CAPA, Supply, Technology, Management, Operations
This job has expired.