- This document defines the responsibilities and duties of the site-specific Quality Control Manager (QCM) for PCSI. Furthermore, this document defines the scope and collaboration required by and between PCSI operations, project management, quality and safety to standardize and implement quality processes and procedures that are promptly reported with appropriate preventive and, when necessary, corrective actions being implemented based upon site-specific, corporate (when applicable) and applicable legal/statutory requirements called for at the site level.
- Manage and Maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) IAW Corporate Quality Directives
- The position is recognized as Quality Control Manager in an effort to emphasize the need to proactively ensure quality is thought of and accounted for in the way processes are defined and implemented, while also putting into place the quality control aspects needed to verify and sustain effective implementation.
- The QCM position includes the responsibility for environmental, health and safety unless these responsibilities have been designated to other positions or are not applicable (not all sites have the need for environmental).
- Under the direction of the Corporate Quality with additional oversight and reporting responsibilities to Program/Project Manager (PM) and Corporate Safety and Loss Control, the site QCM develops, implements and monitors PCSI's site-specific quality control program, ensuring operational controls are in place for all requirements and that quality control inspections and/or audits are performed in accordance with the site-specific Quality Control Plan (QCP).
- This quality control program addresses site-specific quality control (e.g., operational controls, inspection/audit plans, etc.), which includes standards, specifications, regulations, etc., used by the site to ensure conformance or compliance, as applicable. Direction for administering this program may come from or be directed by the contract, operations management, Corporate quality, environmental and/or safety. This includes promoting the awareness, understanding and use of the Quality Management System (QMS) to all employees at the site to ensure total customer satisfaction and deliverance of the highest quality services that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations.
The overall responsibilities of the QCM fall into the following areas:
- Determine criteria and methods needed to ensure that both the operation and control of the quality processes are effective.
- Collaborate with and assist PCSI operations in standardizing and implementing operational controls (procedures/work instructions, checklists, training plans, etc.) and methods based upon key customer requirements and any applicable Corporate and/or statutory/regulatory requirements pertinent to the site.
- Conduct and document process and system inspections or audits using written procedures as inspection and/or audit standards.
- Measure, monitor and analyze the processes and implement actions necessary to meet goals and drive continual improvement.
- Provide quality data as required to support management review efforts at both the site and Corporate levels.
- Collaborate with the PM in coordinating with customers and Corporate to ensure contractual and applicable Corporate and/or statutory/regulatory procedural requirements are fully implemented and sustained in a consistent manner throughout operations.
- Collaborate with the PM to validate deliverables are performed to an acceptable quality level.
- Monitor corrective actions implemented by operations for critical/major and minor nonconformities, ensuring that actions are effective, implemented in a timely manner, and are permanent in nature to avoid recurrence of deficiencies.
- Continually support PCSI's Corporate Quality Management System (QMS) and the ISO 9001 standard.
- When applicable, provide direction/supervision to inspector personnel who report directly to the QCM.
- When applicable and as needed, provide onsite employee training to improve the quality of service and ensure continuous improvement of processes and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with the site safety program, and where designated as part of his or her role, conduct monthly safety meetings, required safety training, hazard inspections/assessments and other Safety related duties as indicated.
- Receives, reports, and where designated as being responsible for the site safety program, investigates all employee work related accidents and incidents. Investigation includes the determination of the root cause and any associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Promote a positive safety culture and abide by all OSHA Safety and Health requirements.
- When applicable, responsibilities also include environmental compliance in accordance with the site contract. These duties include but are not limited to developing, analyzing and monitoring the site environmental program. Conduct environmental site assessments, facility inspections and hazardous waste control in accordance with state, federal and regulatory environmental requirements.
- While ensuring the activities called for by the site-specific QCP are given priority (taken care of first), provide additional operational support, as directed by the PM, while ensuring all of the responsibilities listed within this job description are fulfilled as outlined. This may include duties outside what may be seen as typical for this type of a role. Limit situations which may question objectivity, such as those in which the QCM would end up assessing his or her own work.
- Report/document any instances of non-compliance with contractual or statutory/regulatory compliance issues to the PM and work to resolve issues expeditiously. When it is believed the issue is either not being addressed or is not being resolved effectively by the PM, corporate operations management, corporate quality management and the vice president responsible for compliance are to be notified.
- Ensure configuration control of all site specific PCSI documents to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions and forms in accordance with PCSI Document Control Procedure.
- PCSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical or mental disabilities, genetic information/predisposition, veteran status in employment or in the provision of services. PCSI is Alcohol and Drug free workplace. Persons with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA/W/M/V
- Requires knowledge of Smart phones, iPads, PC functions and software.
- Operation of windows applications, MS Word, MS Excel, etc., and related applications.
- BS preferred. 1 year related experience = 1 year college
- ISO Auditor Training preferred.
- Two years' experience in quality systems
- Two years' experience in custodial operations
- Two years of experience managing or supervising employees, including coaching to develop skills or resolve conflicts.
- Experience managing quality plans with a focus on complying with the standards outlined in the contract or statement of work.
- Experience with safety regulations and standards a plus.
- OSHA 30hr or similar designation desired.
- Experienced in root cause analysis, data analysis and preventive/corrective action.
- Experience in an environment that includes workers with disabilities.
- Government contract experience.
- Department of Defense (DoD) experience.
7.0 Physical Demands
- Prolonged standing, walking (up to 90% during working hours), bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 40 pounds and ability to push carts up to appx 100 lbs.
- Some stooping and crawling to perform inspections under carts, behind cabinets, etc.
- Ascending/descending stairs required
- Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Must have the hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office business machines (calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.) and a personal computer.
- Ability to operate company provided vehicle.
- Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone.
- Mobility to frequently alternate between sitting, standing and moving about the facilities.
8.0 Mental Demands
- Willingness to delegate authority when needed.
- Ability and willingness to exert disciplinary action as needed.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written format.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
9.0 Working Conditions
PCSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Exposure to dirt, dust, odors, chemicals and infectious diseases
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed
- All Quality Control Managers have the right to and are expected to report potential compliance issues without fear of retribution or retaliation for good faith reporting to Corporate Compliance. Any individual who engages in retaliation will be disciplined.
- While additional non-quality and safety (when safety is included in the position for that site) duties may be assigned to the QCM by operations, these duties are only to be accomplished once all quality/safety activities have been successfully and satisfactorily completed. These additional duties cannot put the QCM in a position where he or she would then have to audit or inspect his or her own work.
- Ability to travel by air and vehicle up to 15%.
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain clean driving record according to PCSI policy.
- Ability to pass criminal and financial background checks to obtain access to work locations. Restrictions vary from site to site.
and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical or mental disabilities, genetic information/predisposition, veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.PCSI is Alcohol and Drug free workplace
Persons with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.EOE/AA/W/M/VSubmit PCSI Job Descriptions to the Human Resources Department for approval prior to publishing or official use.
This job has expired.