It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Role and Responsibilities
Nashville-based chemical formulating company seeks a qualified individual for the position of Quality Control Chemist. The company blends various chemical products in bulk and non-bulk quantities shipping nationwide. Most orders are shipped as custom orders resulting in highly paced operations. The right candidate will be confident with chemical handling while being extremely safety conscious and comfortable working in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Company operates a single day shift. Candidate should be motivated, energetic and must work well with others. Candidate must have a solid educational background with a science, or technical oriented degree or will have four years experience working in a similar capacity. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Chemical analysis utilizing various laboratory instruments for the purpose of Quality Assurance, including:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- UV/Visible spectrophotometer
- pH meters
- Setting QC specifications for new formulations
- Data entry into custom ERP software
- Report generation and distribution
- Conducting Statistical Process Control (SPC) analysis
- Calibration of analytical instruments
- Maintenance of analytical instruments
- Maintain batch retain samples
- Requisition necessary reagents and supplies for laboratory
- Collect, review and file Certificates of Analysis for raw materials
- Collect, review and file Safety Data Sheets for raw materials
- Prepare and send out product samples
- Conduct training on quality issues
- Develop testing procedures
- Other related duties as assigned by management
- BA/BS Degree with a major in Chemistry, or a closely related science-oriented field
- Two years working experience in related capacity
- Familiar with a industrial laboratory setting
- Strong work ethic
- Good attitude / Team player
- Great attention to detail
- Strong safety awareness
- Passing of a Drug Screen
- Must be able to stand and walk on a concrete floor for an 8 hour shift
- Must be able to lift and carry 35-50 lb. pails
- Chemist will receive training on safe handling hazardous chemicals.
- The ideal candidate should also possess working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
This job has expired.