Job ID: 399799
APAC-Atlantic, part of CRH's South Division, is a leader in the production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, serving the Coastal Georgia and Low Country South Carolina markets for over 70 years. No matter how big or small the paving project is, APAC-Atlantic's goal on any project is to finish on time and on budget. But most importantly, our goal is to make sure the project uses the right materials and construction methods proven to last. From paving and project management to materials, we have you covered. Are you ready to join the best in the business? At APAC-Atlantic, we're more than just a team. We're a family. APAC-Atlantic is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, APAC Atlantic has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee responsible for sampling asphalt product to ensure the product meets required tests.
- Partners and coordinates daily/weekly scheduling with management, plant personnel and crewmembers, as well as Department of Transportation inspectors to obtain necessary samples and mix designs.
- Clear understanding of asphalt procedures/production.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must partner with other members of staff reporting to Quality Control Manager to ensure quality control specifications are met, as well as daily production schedules/estimates.
- Knowledge to ensure ethical behavior and safety standards as required by the company and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to read print-outs in reader box.
- Ability to prepare and submit proper documentation to the appropriate Quality Control personnel.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes
- Night and Weekend work required. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
What CRH Offers You
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Ability to obtain state certifications as required.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC-Atlantic, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Savannah Job Segment:
Technician, Project Manager, Technology
This job has expired.