A position at FTI can be the answer to your future career. In this role, you'll be part of a progressive national leader in electrical planning, engineering, technology and energy services. FTI enables employee growth and success through industry-leading training and development, utilization of the latest industry technologies, and an uncompromised focus on safety. We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
The Quality Control Journeyman is responsible for delivery of quality control services including coordination and implementation of the Quality Control Plan, job site Quality auditing, conducting on-site/job site coaching, and conducting training to enhance job site performance as a means to foster a culture of Quality that permeates our services throughout the organization.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 5 plus years of field experience
Journeyman's or Master's License is required
Work Schedule: Between the hours of 6 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Ability to work a flexible schedule is necessary. May vary based on customer demands and can include, but is not limited to: nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Conducts Quality inspections for layout conduit systems, various lighting systems, and basic control systems and feeders.
- Conducts Quality inspections of installation of motor feeders.
- Identify potential quality issues from review of construction documents.
- Analyze startup/commissioning schedule.
- Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipates equipment installation standards, checklist procedures and training.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete an overall Quality inspection for projects of limited scope and size.
- Opportunity to lead small crews (2-5 electricians). Perform safety checks on job sites and maintains compliance with company safety policies, LOTO procedures, OSHA and customer-specific safety standards.
- Demonstrate excellent customer relations though utilization of effective problem-solving techniques.
- Participates in various cross-functional teams internally and externally to continually develop and refine organizational processes related to job site quality and commissioning.
- Provides valid statistical information and applicable analyses to the commissioning foreman regarding job site quality, commissioning, and startup procedures/schedule.
- Provides guidance to field employees, project supervisors, and management on matters concerning job site quality and commissioning.
- Conducts job site or on-site coaching and development of employees (related to audits and/or to assist with novel work or jobs in crisis).
- Performs Project Expectations Review (A review of Key Essential Planning Elements that support project success) with project leadership and provides feedback, recommended corrective actions to the Project Managers, Work Crew members as well as key Management leadership personnel and support functions (as example; Safety, Purchasing, Preconstruction Services, Engineering, Estimating, Productivity Group, Excellerate, ERM).
- Has the ability to plan for, complete, and implement assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an acceptance of the company culture (adhere to company values) and an adoption of professional standards.
- Demonstrates approachability and ability to collaborate with others and effectively influence.
- Develops relationships with leaders, direct reports, and/or others that facilitate open dialogue and trust.
- Defines work to be done; clearly communicates vision, objectives, and tasks to appropriate individuals. Delegates tasks to appropriate parties; clearly communicates needs and expectations. Measures and monitors the work of individual direct reports and/or collective team/taskforce team(s). Coaches and motivates direct reports/appropriate individuals to effectively perform; removes barriers to success and provides feedback, necessary resources, and open communication.
- Assists in data collection for Short Circuit Arc Flash Studies.
- Actively participates in Faith's hiring referral and mentoring program, as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.SURGE your career forward!
Employees at FTI grow faster because they are a part of a nationally leading team of electrical planners, engineers, designers, electricians, and business professionals.
Your Personal Growth : Build your career path by taking advantage of our industry leading training and leadership development programs.
Leverage Technology : Our virtual design and build programs that offer the latest in robotic total stations, 3D scanning, virtual and augmented reality and drone surveillance and assessment.
Uncompromised Safety : When we see others in our space averaging 2.7 safety rating and ours average .42, you know that we value you and your safety above all else.
We offer competitive, merit-based wages; career path development and flexible and a robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training, tuition reimbursement and a top-notch wellness program.
We pride ourselves on a "Ground up Growth" mentality that puts you in the spotlight. Becoming a member of the FTI team means you've officially put yourself in the driver's seat of your career. Through our career development and continued education programs, you'll have options to position yourself for success.
FTI is a "Merit to the Core" organization, and we pride ourselves on our ability to reward and recognize top performers.BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER
FTI enriches the lives of its employees through industry-leading total rewards. Our compensation, benefits, time off, and wellness programs are designed to reward individual results that create team success, improve financial security for our employees and their families, and encourage healthy lifestyles. As an eligible employee*, your programs include:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
Company-Paid Life and Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Award-Winning Wellness Program and Incentives
401(k) Retirement & 401(a) Profit Sharing Plans
Paid Time Off
And so much more!
*Regular/Full-Time Employees are eligible for FTI benefit programs.
We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World-Class Opportunities to Succeed
Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
Building TRUST in everything we do.
REDEFINING what's possible.
Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.
If you're ready to learn more about growing your career with us, apply today!
FTI is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.