The Purchasing Supervisor will form an integral part of the purchasing function in the achievement of operational objectives. With a strong solid background in Purchasing and Supply Chain, the individual will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems, procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes. The role is paramount to leading Cambro forward in securing high quality suppliers of materials and services while strategizing price, delivery, and quality targets.
- Managing and controlling all the company's external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of materials and finished parts for production
- Ensure materials and services are purchased at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned with the company's needs
- Identify new suppliers, form agreements to terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments ie. Planning, Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spends
- Carry out a comprehensive review of the purchasing function and its methodologies and identify/implement improvements
- Stringent material control is required to assure company targets are met. This includes spend, usage, scrap, inventory levels, etc.
- Communicate with supply base regarding non-conforming materials and their disposition
- Full involvement, specifically with Engineering, on the evaluation of new and existing materials and their successful integration to the production end of the business
- Lead Purchasing team in all ISO procedural activities and regularly scheduled registration audits
- Promote teamwork and a collaborative work culture
- Lead weekly department meeting review of MOS (Management Operating System)
- Represent Materials Department in regularly scheduled ECN (Engineering Change Notification) meetings and ensure team is aware of items that will affect them and that action items are completed timely
- Completion of Annual Employee Performance Reviews for all direct reports
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Assist team in creating ECN documentation required for purchased items
- Process Deviations for materials that may be of an alternate nature or off-spec for use in production
- Work with Accounting team regarding payables of purchased goods and services
- Ensure Supplier Performance Rating and scorecards are sent to supply base as required
- Ensure timely completion of annual GSA reporting
- Ensure that Supplier documentation processing and storage is accurate
- Lead team in Annual Supplier Performance Awards event
- Performs safety stock and max parameters review for purchased items
- Has understanding of Outsourcing and related concepts
- Works with warehouse associates to locate materials
- Ensures all Materials Team members complete and document safety and other department training as required
- Understanding of Root Cause and Corrective Action Analysis
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, walking, standing, bending at the neck, bending at the waist, squatting, kneeling, twisting at the neck and waist, repetitive use of hands, simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Safety glasses
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend while developing a robust supplier base
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques
- Experience working with MRP systems is mandatory
- Experience of outsourcing to low-cost countries would be an advantage
- Direct supplier and commodity management experience
- Representing the materials group at internal meetings
- Presenting Purchasing performance achievements
- Supervise and coordination of Purchasing activities
- Coordinating with Quality personnel, resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and long-term resolution of each concern
- Ability to travel to various company facilities and suppliers (as required)
- Continuous development of self and individual team members
- Proven experience in subordinate's growth including competencies and defining development needs
- "Hands on" approach to all tasks
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
- Results oriented and confident
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Set priorities considering short and long-term goals of the business
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related subject
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a Purchasing role
- 3 years Supervisory experience
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.