Psychiatric Technician Senior
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Within a 24-hour framework, responsible for the delivery of client care that promotes safety and well-being of all clients in the assigned department (s). To provide a healthy, safe structured environment; engage clients and families in a therapeutic alliance; perform clinical assessments within their realm; provide therapeutic interventions as directed; function as an active member of the MTC staff.. Ability to be on-call for Psychiatric Technician II's. Assist with escorting clients within Bethel and outside of Bethel, when needed. Expected to be an active participate in client social, educational and therapeutic activities. Must be able to take direction and have a commitment to learning. Must be 21 years old per DFYS regulations.
- AA Degree in the Human Service field or with a minimum of two years experience working in child/adolescent residential treatment center.
- Must be willing to learn and implement NVCI training, First Aid, and participate in the 40 CEU yearly minimum requirements as defined by the RPTC regulations and mandates.
- See above. Minimum of two years experience working with youth required. One year experience working with youth in an Inhalant Facility.
- CPR, First Aid, and Non-violent Crisis Intervention is required within the first 90 day period.
- A valid Alaska Driver's License required within 90 days of hire.
- Substance Abuse Certification preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge, accuracy and dependability a must.
- Ability to work residential treatment environments.
- Ability to write progress reports on clients, which accurately reflect client progress.
- Ability to read medication administration records. Ability to add and subtract money.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of rapidly changing situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to understand and apply to variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to appropriately respond to aggressive and violent client behaviors.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13728Location:BethelDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.