MAG is seeking ISR pilots who meet our high standards of aviator skills, safety, professionalism, and customer focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Pilot shall ensure safe, effective and efficient flight operations to include identification of aircraft maintenance faults and corrective actions.
- All safety of flight documentation shall be completed and documented in accordance with applicable industry and FAA standards.
- Pilot is responsible for pre-flight planning, aircraft pre-flight check, coordinating with Airborne Sensor Operators (ASO) and Mission Commanders who operate the on-board sensor systems and responsible for mission execution and operations.
- Pilot will monitor airspace, weather, radio communications, mission flight boundaries, other air traffic, and aircraft systems.
- Pilot will coordinate all flights with appropriate Fixed Base Operators, military range control, Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities (military and civilian), Primary Mission Equipment (PME) Operators, Mission Commanders, and Mission Coordination Services.
- Pilot will operate modified Contractor Owned Contractor Operated turbo-prop aircraft in accordance with commercial and Host Nation regulations, and program policies and procedures. Will fly day and night, under VMC/IMC; maintain night currency and instrument proficiency.
- Serve additional duties when directed as an Aviation Safety Pilot.
- Operate from remote, austere and primitive locations with possible unimproved runways.
- Pilot will place special emphasis on crew member safety and customer relations.
Required Skills: (skills a candidate MUST have to be considered for a position)
- Must be qualified in, mission, type, design, and if appropriate series of aircraft.
- Must have not less than 1000 hours documented Pilot-in-Command time.
- Pilot-in-Command time for other aircraft must include 300 hours in multi-engine turbo prop aircraft.
- Must possess a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Must possess a current FAA Commercial Pilot or Airline Transportation Pilot license.
- Must possess BE-300 unrestricted or SIC Required type rating.
Preferred Skills: (skills that are not necessary but will make a candidate more qualified for the position)
- Former US military or government law enforcement pilot.
- US military trained Fixed Wing Instructor Pilot, Maintenance Pilot, or Instrument Examiner.
- Prior overseas rotation experience, particularly in USCENTCOM/USAFRICOM area of operations.
- Radio Telephone Operators Permit.
- Experience supporting USSOCOM in global operations.
Preferred Education / Certification / Experience: (education that is not necessary but will make a candidate more qualified for the position)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Multiple CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Possibly austere and primitive location(s).
- Must possess an active Secret security/TS preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Candidates hired for this position will be subject to a post offer, pre-hire, pre-deployment medical assessment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess a valid passport with at least six months remaining prior to expiration.
Special Note: The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.
This job has expired.