General SummaryProject management for Faculty Wellness efforts (50%)
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery seeks a Project Manager to support the advancement of faculty wellness and assist with the coordination of Division-wide research efforts.
The position will work directly with the Division's Director of Faculty Wellness to design and execute interventions intended to improve the work/life experience of our surgeons.
Under the direction of the Sr. Administrative Director, the Project Manager will also serve as a stable link between the Division and its various research teams, with a particular focus on supporting the growth and development of new researchers within the Division and assisting in the creation of appropriate infrastructure necessary to support the Division's growing research activities.
The Project Manager must be able to ensure a high level of satisfaction with a focus on attention to detail, responsiveness, resolution of problem situations, and successful completion of deliverables.
Principle Duties and Responsibilites
Provide research coordination support to Division faculty (25%)
- Assist Director of Faculty Wellness in developing a project plan portfolio for faculty wellness initiatives each fiscal year.
- Provide progress updates to MD Director and Division leadership as requested.
- Implement project plans for selected initiatives. Depending on the nature of the project, duties may include: scheduling meetings, collecting data, preparing materials, etc.
Act as a touchpoint for study teams and individual researchers (25%)
- Assess needs and advise on appropriate support personnel to achieve goals
- Assist with recruiting and selecting new staff.
- Provide direct support as needed, may include: working with Office for Interaction with Industry and Research Management
- Coordinate paperwork required for lab-based research, and clinical or human subjects research.
- Collaborate with research management and PIs in the development and preparation of grant proposals and templates.
- Apply consistent approach and deliver consistent quality.
Serve as member of Division leadership team
- Ensure new team members have appropriate training, knowledge, and resources to perform their duties.
- Serve as mentor for junior staff, and/or informal supervisor, as needed.
- Act as a conduit for important information between research team members and Division leadership.
- Ensure study teams, including POIs, staff, and Investigators are aware of applicable policies and news from MGB, BWH, Research Administration, Dept. of Surgery, and Division of Plastic Surgery.
- Exercise a high degree of awareness to identify areas in need of attention.
- Provide regular status updates to Division Administrator, as requested. Including assessment on areas in need of additional support.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of prior work experience in a healthcare environment or an academic medical setting
- Strong critical appraisal skill, quantitative skills, effective communication, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a matrix team.
- Familiarity with medical topics and research methodology is essential.
- Initiative, ability to work independently, and attention to detail are necessary.
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, and juggle multiple projects is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.