Title: Project Manager Engineering
Location: Kennewick, WA
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Position Summary: This position is responsible for managing and directing projects of varying size and scope. Projects may include investigating or developing processes, developing project concepts and budgets, troubleshooting or investigating technical issues or implementing capital projects. Project Manager's also assist in the development of engineering resources, procedures and best practices. Project Manager's may at times direct or be part of a project team(s). Project work including design, CIR write-ups, preparing and presenting project reviews and presentations, developing contractor bid packages, overseeing project installation, cost tracking, training and startup assistance as well as post project support are normal work activities. The position will participate in various project teams and work independently as required by the various assignments. This position requires the ability to travel and participate in projects at various locations Internationally and in North America as required to meet the project requirements. Working closely with the various levels of Procurement, Operations Management, EHSS, Food Protection, Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Plant Staff, and Production Personnel is critical. This position coordinates activities with LW operations and is based out of our Kennewick, Washington, engineering office.
Basic & Preferred QualificationsPosition Requirements:
- Manage and drive engineering efforts in the plants and for corporate initiatives
- Accountable for timely, accurate and effective implementation of engineering and project related work.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of projects
- Meet or exceed project quality, cost and schedule metrics.
- Apply and Lead project teams in the VSU process.
- Capability to effectively lead any size project, including projects greater than $400MM USD.
- Updating Specifications as needed to assure accuracy Drive corporate engineering Project Management initiatives.
- Drive and Support Contractor and Team Safety every day /every project
- Drive for a TIR of '0' ZERO.
- Meet or exceed project quality, cost, forecasting, schedule and performance metrics.
- Lead project collaboration and integration.
- Lead direct reports (if applicable) and work with other department managers.
- Operates with an empowerment and support management style.
- Facilitates the implementation of specifications and engineering best practices.
- Develops engineering staff to build a positive team culture that leverages resources across the business and supports our operations teams.
- Reflects our LW values, supports our LW vision and helps complete our LW mission.
- Help insures LW projects reliably achieve performance, quality, schedule and cost expectations.
- BS in Engineering.
- Previous experience as a Sr. Engineer, Project Engr. and/or Plant Engineering Manager with Cap/Ex experience.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in leading diverse teams, particularly in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication, technical, analytical, organizational skills.
- Excellent creative and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of IQF potato manufacturing is highly desirable.
- PQ and APT training preferred. If not must quickly obtain.
- Experience with plant engineering, maintenance and operations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of food manufacturing processes, regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of LW specific operations processes and programs is a benefit.
- Experience and knowledge of industrial plant construction, codes, practices, and engineering requirements is a benefit.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project and applied use of AutoCAD applications.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time annually on average with peaks, supporting installation and commissioning activities, potentially exceeding that amount for some duration.
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
- Sitting for up to 8 hours a day
- Lift up to 15 pounds occasionally (up to 25 pounds infrequently).
- Walking on various manufacturing facility surfaces
- Climbing up ladders and stairs
- Exposed to plant noises and vibrations
- Temperature changes from hot to cold depending on work area
- Ability to safely operate a Company vehicle.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-230317
Time Type: Full time
In compliance with applicable state and local laws, Lamb Weston has opted to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to this position and takes into account a number of variables. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range posted based on various factors, including, but not limited to, job duties, experience and expertise. A candidate's work location could also impact the actual compensation being outside of the range to reflect local cost of labor. A reasonable annual estimate of the range for this role based on the variables previously mentioned is: $107,390.00 - $161,090.00Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.