Lasko Products, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of portable fans and heaters for over 100 years, is seeking a Project Engineer II to join our team. In this position you will be an instrumental part of the Product Development team creating innovative high-quality home comfort product solutions. The Project Engineer II will lead the projects they are responsible for as well as work with the product teams to integrate new technologies into existing products. You will be a key contributor to the design review and prototype analysis for new products.
Personal and Leadership Qualities
- Lead major and Ground-up development programs from concept definition through safe product launch. This includes developing and owning the project schedule as well as coordinating cross-functional resources to ensure o-time product launch.
- Define technical product specification that align with consumer requirements including developing the product specification, defining components and building feasibility models.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods, testing properties.
- Develops electromechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Complete design reviews and report out to the cross-functional team key findings
- Assess competitive products for functional and cost improvement opportunities.
- Lead minor scope engineering projects including initiating the Engineering Change Process, building the BOM and qualifying design changes.
- Collect project requirements from all stakeholders, managing trade-offs to meet project goals.
- Ensuring stakeholder expectations are understood and managed accordingly.
- Responsible for managing and tracking: Project Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, Stakeholder Management.
- Fabricating proof of concept models and developing test protocols.
- Mentor other team members best practices.
- Support the team in assessing existing product designs and providing suggestions for improvements.
KPI's of which the Design Assurance Manager will be measured by:
- Ability to balance multiple small projects while maintaining schedule and cost
- A desire to continually learn about new technologies and look for ways they can benefit our end consumers
- Enthusiasm for sharing your expertise and teaching other in order to elevate the overall team's knowledge base
- The ability to critical assess and provide structural feedback to others
- Ability to indirectly lead cross-functional team members so that project deliverables are met
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- On-Time Product Launch
- Product Cost Attainment
- Time to Market
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in developing electromechanical products
- Experienced with Bench tools: multimeter, power supply, thermocouples and soldering irons.
- Experience using SolidWorks, Minitab, Excel, SharePoint and project management software
Lasko Products is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Lasko Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.