Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Project Engineer, Hydrogen, you will facilitate and support the full project life cycle including initial project development, permitting support, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, and startup of hydrogen projects throughout North & South America. Strong understanding of principles of process engineering, hydrogen production / handling (i.e. - electrolysis, compression, liquefaction), and water treatment are required. Industrial experience preferably with hydrogen project is desired.
- Reviewing P&IDs, PFDs, Heat & Mass balance, Equipment List, Plant layout, electrical loads, Process Control logics
- Determining optimal plant designs, configurations for various bids/markets
- Preparing project specifications and evaluating techno commercial bids from suppliers
- Interfacing with industrial hydrogen users
- Addressing lenders due diligence for project financing
- Managing major equipment manufacturers and vendors
- Developing RFP's, evaluate RFQ's, proposals, bids and make appropriate recommendations on consultant and contractor selection
- Managing third party engineering consultants and contractors (i.e., Owner's engineer, engineer of record, Independent Engineer, EPC contractor)
- Supporting project development, permitting, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning efforts.
- Coordinating and supporting site operations personnel post project construction
- Engaging with various internal and external stakeholders during project development and delivery
- In-depth knowledge and experience with chemical process industries and projects
- Previous experience in a hydrogen project/ production i.e. - SMR, electrolysis, liquefaction
- Good understanding of full project life cycle activities spanning project development, permitting, cost estimating, financing, preliminary and detailed project engineering, project contracting methods, project construction, start-up, operations/maintenance, asset management activities
- Demonstrated experience in project conceptualization, project planning, project management, as well as development and execution of complex project schedules
- Good understanding of various disciplines involved in a project delivery: Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument and Control and other disciplines
- Computer proficiency in GIS, programming and spreadsheet modeling using Microsoft Excel,
- Familiarity with site design tools including CAD, 3D models are a plus
- Familiarity with process technology software will be plus
- Knowledge of chemical project economics and familiarity with concepts such as NPV, IRR and LCOE
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork and communication skills which extend across all organizational
- Able to travel as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or equivalent engineering
- Master's degree in engineering a plus.
- 5 years of experience in the Oil & gas, chemical, and/or power industries
- Demonstrated experience, ability to work on multiple as well large multi-million-dollar value projects simultaneously
- Certifications and licenses in Engineering, Project Management desirable
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.