The Novelis Kennesaw team is seeking a Project Engineer. The person in this role will report to the VP Global Engineering. The ideal candidate will be initially focused on North American R&D with the accountability to provide structure to R&D capital projects to follow the Novelis project management approach through Concept, DFS, FEED and the subsequent execution phases. The incumbent will support the project manager as Novelis engineering focal point of contact or manage the project themselves to ensure that all EHS rules and standards are fully integrated into the project and flawlessly executed upon during construction and commissioning.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Perform the function of project manager for R&D and/or depending on size and priority project support R&D project manager as engineering focal point of contact.
• Connect project management with aluminum process knowledge in order to be more effective.
• Emphasize strong collaboration and be an advocate of Novelis' cultural beliefs
• Ensure Novelis's EHS values and standards are integrated throughout the project.
• Develop the necessary controls to ensure the project's budget and schedule are tracking according to plan.
• Lead a multidisciplinary team and ensure effective communication among project team and stakeholders.
• Build a resource plan that provides the necessary staffing for the execution and startup of projects.
• Provide the discipline required to ensure the project is completed under budget and ahead of schedule.
• Develop effective working relationships with the key suppliers and contractors for the projects.
• Relentlessly pursue a startup and commissioning plan which minimizes the time required to bring the new assets on line.
• Ensure proper resources are allocated to the startup phase.
• Effectively communicate project status to all levels of the organization. Ensure regular update meetings are held with the project steering committee.
• Ensure the operating location for the project assumes the correct level of ownership throughout the project.
• Ensure the project documents are properly documented.
• Build a highly-effective team which has strong Novelis culture and high engagement
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical engineering or similar
• Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in project management and aluminum manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of equipment engineering & reliability
• AutoCAD, Excel, Word
• Masters degree or higher
• PMP is a plus.
• Skill in a language other than English
• Management experience of CAPEX projects for various equipment.
• Thorough process knowledge.
• Additional experience in equipment maintenance
• Navisworks, Visio, MS Project
• Construction activities and/or equipment installation/commissioning experience
• Creativity, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Ability to Influence, Persistence, Practicality, Ability to Communicate to all Levels and cultures, Enthusiasm/Passion, Hands On, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Office Suite
What We Offer:
This role offers a hybrid schedule. Novelis is committed to a Flex Work approach that empowers employees to maintain work-life balance while enjoying the benefits of a collaborative office environment.
Novelis benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family's well-being:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Health savings accounts - Company Funded Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
• Company-paid basic life insurance and Additional voluntary life coverage
• Paid vacation and competitive personal time off
• 401(k) savings plan with company match
• Retirement savings plans - medical and prescription drug coverage through private exchange
• Employee assistance programs - available 24/7 to you and your family
• Wellness and Work Life Support - career development and educational assistance
DISCLAIMER: In alignment with current Novelis policy and procedures, all Atlanta based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for new employment at Novelis. Fully vaccinated means you have received the last recommended dose of any vaccine that has been approved by the CDC or World Health Organization. As the COVID-19 landscape is continuously evolving, this requirement is subject to change. Proof of vaccination status will be required to qualify for new employment at Novelis.
Novelis' Global Research and Technology Center located in Kennesaw Georgia within the greater Atlanta metropolitan area is a cutting-edge full-service research and technology hub that employs approximately 200 people including world-class engineers metallurgists chemists and scientists. The facility includes state-of-the-art lab equipment and a diverse mix of product pilot lines that bring innovative solutions to customers in the automotive beverage can and specialty markets. Kennesaw provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural opportunities and educational institutions. Novelis is committed to the Kennesaw community and supports a number of local charitable organizations including Habitat for Humanity as well as FIRST Robotics aimed at encouraging young people to pursue the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields in order to spur the next generation of scientists and innovators. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.