Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked 114 in ENR's 2022 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
Ardurra is seeking a Project Engineerto join our staff in Miami, FL.
The Project Engineer will be expected to perform a variety of routine assignments involved in either the coordination of various engineering aspects of a project, or the technical execution of the engineering components of a project including construction plans, specifications, schedules, cost-estimating, among others. The Project Engineer is responsible for understanding and abiding by all project requirements and ensuring project deliverables are submitted within the specified timeframe, and all the technical activities are presented with accuracy and quality from conception to completion. The Project Engineer must interact and communicate effectively with company management, administrators, project managers, field personnel, subcontractors, design team professionals and clients.
Prospective candidate must have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Design engineering projects including detailed engineering calculations
- Supports the Project Manager with the management of the project through all project phases from design, pre-construction to construction and close-out. The Project Engineer will assure that all necessary permitting approval requirements are addressed and that all applicable codes and standards are met
- Supports the Project Manager with overall project cost controls, schedule management and quality assurance and quality control efforts
- Responsible for anticipating and resolving potential problems that may jeopardize project success
- The Project Engineer assures that projects adhere to approved scope, are completed within budget, on schedule and at the defined level of quality, as well as complying with any additional sustainability and construction requirements
- Coordinates with technicians and designers to ensure that drawings are accurately prepared and checked
- Prepares written technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, and design criteria reports
- Performs engineering calculations for sizing and designing water, sewer, and pumping systems, as well as drainage systems
- Assists with construction administration/inspection, as needed
- Prepares contract documents.
- May participate in marketing strategies and business development with clients to procure business, including writing proposals.
- Coordinates with sub-consultants' activity on projects.
- Executes projects in accordance with company guidelines and standards
- Supports Project Manager in developing relationships with key project stakeholders; technical staff, permitting agencies, clients, community, among others.
- Supports Project Manager in the preparation of the documents required by Procurement for soliciting construction services. Maintains project records and produces various reports.
- Must possess strong civil/environmental engineering knowledge and can work within a project team environment with minimum supervision
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers
- Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation about design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies and procedures relative to assigned tasks
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions
- Develops, implements, and administers project procedures and other work controlling documents
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of project plans and designs
- Recommends and/or analyzes materials, equipment, and practices used in the project
- Compares the actual cost of the development project to estimates
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensures compliance with codes, guidelines, best practices, and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
In addition to the position's skills, education, and experience requirements, the following competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Customer/Client Focus
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field is required
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience
- Meet pre-employment requirements including criminal/civil background check
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) License is preferred or the ability to obtain professional engineering licensure (PE) within two (2) years
- Experience with civil related design software is preferred including AutoCAD Civil3D and/or MicroStation V8i, EPA-SWMM, ArcGIS, MS Project, Blue Beam, or other PC software packages
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We offer opportunities for growth with a dynamic firm. Our benefits include:
- Typical office environment which includes sitting, walking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing reaching, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting, or carrying up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Typical construction or field environment includes occasional high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, fall through hazards, exposure to contaminants, atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation), outside weather conditions
- Medical/Vision/Dental plan
- Life and AD&D insurance plans
- Short-Term Disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid holidays
- Professional Development Program
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Auto Cad
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement