If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UHealth IT has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time IT Program Manager. The IT PMO is responsible for the cross-functional management of selected critical programs and projects. The Program Manager will drive strategy deployment and adoption of system and operational process improvements in partnership with cross functional teams to ensure that projects and the program deliver the intended value to customers. The program manager also has responsibility for: defining a cross-organizational roadmap; ensuring resources capacity and availability; managing interdependencies between projects and ensuring program-level goals are achieved and aligned to organizational priorities.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support portfolio managers and prepare dashboards and performance reports, decks, agendas, and content for Executive Steering Committee presentations
- Partner with Portfolio manager to maintain accuracy of the Portfolio data.
- Ensure project management documentation is updated and completed for each project within the program
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals and functional targets are reached; maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Identify and actively handle issues and risks, evaluate solutions, develop contingency plans, and influence IT leadership and project sponsors to support needs of the project/program.
- Communicate frequently with team members and senior business stakeholders regarding program status and identifies and resolves program problems, issues and risks.
- Partner with IT team and project sponsors on key requirements needed from cross-functions teams
- Apply project/program and transition management standardized principles and tools and continuously improve methodologies and tools in alignment with the IT PMO.
- Build strong people networks (internal/external) to identify & optimize capability delivery, share best practices and drive teamwork.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering management or other related field or equivalent experience
- 5-10+ years' experience in project/program management in IT, healthcare, or other related functions/fields
- Experience with EPIC applications or EPIC certified
- Clinical background or experience with clinical workflows
- Experience in information systems, cyber security or architecture
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process
- Proven experience managing expectations and managing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements to deliver programs / projects more efficiently.
- Demonstrated use of sound and proven program / project management practices and tools, including excellent MS Office skills (ServiceNow preferred).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum highly desired. Certifications, Licenses and Training PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
- Thinks strategically and is process oriented
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to influence, communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment, and anticipate the needs of a changing landscape.
- Thorough knowledge and related work experience in the project management process, and lifecycle, including Lean, Waterfall and Agile methodology, as well as Project Delivery Framework and SDLC.
- Ability to understand both technical and business vision and communicate it to both technical and non-technical partners
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Able to cultivate strong inter- and intra-departmental relationships that promote a positive, execution-focused work environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.