GDH Consulting is looking for a Program Manager to work in the Raleigh, NC area.
The Network Services - Program Manager will be a key role in the launching of this new team, our core processes, and operations. The Network Services Business Unit (NSBU) was chartered to accelerate the transition of client portfolio to as-a-Service and consumption offers. The Program Manager must drive an extreme sense of urgency, individually and in the teams you work with, and you must be excited by the opportunity to solve some of the client's most critical transformational challenges.
Requirements will vary as the team matures and executes its mission, so a successful candidate will have a variety of past project/program management, operations, and/or metrics-related experience and a flexible nature to do what needs to be done to rapidly execute on priorities.
The role is expected to develop knowledge of client's current and future as-a-Service portfolio, to enable execution of the key strategies defined by the NSBU leadership team. By nature of the NSBU mission, significant and effective cross-organizational teamwork and alignment are required.
On a day-to-day basis, the Program Manager is responsible for leading and managing assigned programs/projects end-to-end, encompassing the entire operational process or innovation lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, early customer trials, support of offer packaging, and transition to delivery).
Program Managers are expected to define a project budget with the Product Manager and Engineering Director who owns the project domain, and manage the project to the approved budget, just as they would with a billable project.
As Program Managers within the NSBU team will work with adjacent teams, they are expected to understand and adhere to core methodologies for program/project management and reporting and to have formal experience with the Agile and Scaled Agile development methodologies.
Pivotal responsibilities are:
- Works closely with the Strategy & Operations Director, other NSBU Program Managers, and the Product Management Lead to define and execute core projects and develop new processes to ensure NSBU priorities are being accomplished in an agile manner and with high quality
- Understands the top-level portfolio vision and responsible for clearly and continuously communicating it back to leadership and stakeholders
- Understands the portfolio strategy, in support of execution of the vision; maintains tight alignment with other Business Units on cross-BU offers, and Sales and GPO on offer packaging and Partner Strategy as assigned
- Drives the assigned portfolio roadmaps, such that defined metrics are attained
- Works with the Product Manager to validate and improve the defined as-a-service strategy, finding critical "white space" to differentiate the client, in partnership with BU and innovation leadership
- Works with Product Managers to define high-value synergies, cross-solution alignment, and effective packaging for the broader portfolio
- Drives effective interlock with other teams to ensure the roadmap is understood and stakeholder feedback is considered
- Investigates and understands customer and competitive trends, challenges, and needs, and translate into a future portfolio that delivers measurable outcomes, value, and differentiation to our customers
- Adheres to industry standard program/project management methodologies, Agile, Scaled Agile, and all other internal methodologies and client policies, including ensuring accurate timesheet submission for all resources assigned to a project
- Supports continuous improvement of all processes, methodologies, and services
- Provides project leadership, ensuring appropriate project planning and cross-team interlocks, as well as ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, in budget, and with high levels of quality
For any offer development projects assigned:
- Creates detailed project plans, manages Agile tracking/delivery tools, and oversees and communicates plan timelines
- Assesses risk throughout the project; proactively identifies risks, communicates risks to appropriate stakeholders and develops a risk mitigation strategy and a contingency plan
- Manages weekly and monthly reporting, ensuring quality content and accuracy
- Ensures proper Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, manages change management handling between all stakeholders
- Ensures proper project financial management, including escalation if a project is over or under budget
- Proactively communicates with finance and operations teams, and NSBU business leaders in regard to project health
- Defines success metrics; identifies and socializes program/project success metrics to the internal team and to external stakeholders; evaluates project progress and results against success metrics
- Escalation of any project or stakeholder issues in a timely manner, with suggestions of opportunities for course correction
- Helps define scope and cost modeling for the offer
- Provides oversight for any engagement/new offer deliverables, ensuring high quality and consistency
- During early customer trials, optimizes and coordinates interactions between internal, partner and customer resources to ensure expectations are appropriate set and met
- Helps cross-train new employees where appropriate
- Completes time and expense reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Develops technical and business knowledge as necessary to meet evolving business requirements
- Provides flexible support for other NSBU team duties as assigned
To ensure success the Program Manager will possess:
This job has expired.
- Bachelors degree, PMP, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years in Project or Program Management, Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Operations, and/or delivery in a complex high-tech, multi-regional environment
- Technical experience in the areas of networking, security, Cloud technologies, and AI/ML would be a plus
- Extreme detail and quality orientation, taking responsibility for success of all aspects of their assigned project whether they are directly responsible for it or not
- Experience in process development and improvement
- A broad understanding of client Portfolio of products and services, customer base, and organizational structure
- The capability to understand a problem or business need, and can define the detailed project path to address the problem area, all while maintaining understanding of the organizations end-state vision
- You have demonstrated financial and business insight
- You are flexible, can manage multiple and competing priorities, and can work in an extremely fast-paced environment