Posted in Community Services
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal
The Program Director provides for the day to day administration, programming, and operations of a
community based support program serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and
complex needs. The Program Director contributes to Bay Cove's mission by providing effective and
compassionate services and through advocacy and leadership. This position is exempt.
Supervision of all permanent program and relief staff.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Engages in staff recruitment, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, work
assignments, scheduling, direct observation of work, supervision, conflict resolution,
progressive discipline, and performance evaluation.
• Carries out tasks related to the day to day operations including scheduling staff,
facilitating staff meetings, carrying out financial and budgetary processes (such as petty
cash, rep-payee, and payroll), while adhering to the program budget.
• Provides crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention during the business day
and while on-call on nights and weekends as scheduled.
• Ensures adherence to program model.
• Coordinates service plan development and implementation and monitors effectiveness of
• Carries out all duties expected of clinical and direct care staff utilizing positive
• Ensures and provides advocacy and case management services.
• Ensures accurate, professionally written, and timely programmatic documentation.
• Ensures that agency policies and regulatory standards are met and maintained, including
internal QA, and external regulatory bodies, such as HUD, MBHP, DTA, DPH, DDS,
CMS, CARF, DPPC, and MAP.
• Ensures the proper maintenance of the physical site and program vehicle in compliance
with all state, federal, DDS, and Bay Cove regulations and requirements.
• Complete other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the Position:
• BA/BS in related field preferred with at least 1 year experience in the human service field.
• 5-7 years previous work experience in human service setting in lieu of educational requirement
with demonstrated leadership skills.
• Certifications: CPR/SFA, within 30 days of hire, Prevent & DPH MAP Certification within 90
days of hire, Driver's License upon hire
• Proficient in clinical and professional verbal, writing, and computer skills.
• Ability to go up and down stairs and the physical capacity to physically assist persons served as
• Use of personal cell phone and/or vehicle
• Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
• Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
• Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
• Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
• Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder and partners.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our