At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
You are best suited for the role if you...
- Read the production schedule and spec sheets online, sets up the necessary hand cutters and/or harps, identifies proper cheese quality, cuts cheese according to customer specs, and cuts cheese to meet the requirements of the line.
- Control product weight at the cutter to reduce the amount of transformation loss.
- Has basic knowledge of wrenches, harp wires and an understanding of basic measurements. Minimizes waste and trim.
- Separate, label and record different types of trim accurately.
- Neatly, accurately and legibly maintains all records and documentation.
- Make decisions on the quality of product to meet customer specifications and reports to the supervisor / line lead.
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Communicate with team members to ensure orders are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain communication with end of the line to assure overrun usage and filling the order correctly and completely.
- Other duties as required by management.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Experience in food production, preferred but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with team members and all necessary departments.
- Able to understand production schedules and Product Specifications.
- Able to judge when cheese is of such quality that it should not be cut.
- Good decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to use a knife.
- Able to perform and understand basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Able to stand/walk ten hours each shift
- Lift and carry objects weighing 25 to 50lbs, frequently
- Development opportunities that enhance their career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help them care for their families.
- Opportunities to contribute to the community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products.
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).