At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Achieve given team performance goals for Production. The goals will include efficiency, DPU, hours accuracy, scrap, time lost accuracy, DHR accuracy, as well as inventory metrics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate production personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, and productivity requirements
- Update and revise Manufacturing Process Instructions to ensure that MPIs are accurate and complete
- Address line support issues as they arise (including technical-related issues)
- Work closely with Engineering to resolve production issues and actively participant in quality improvement initiatives.
- Document and report any variances, problems, issues, or concerns
- Provide production personnel with expectations and performance feedback quarterly
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for production personnel
- Plan, supervise, drive improvement, and report production performance including output, yields, root cause failures, efficiencies, and trends
- Understand, train personnel, and enforce strict adherence to the applicable DOPs and SOPs of the Quality System, as well as the Manufacturing Guidelines
- Assist in setting and attaining quarterly and annual production goals
- Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices
- Lead or support Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a cross-functional team (outside of Operations)
- Support sub-assembly or process outsourcing initiatives
- Generate/review/approve ECO that impact manufacturing.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase.
- Lead various NPI elements/tasks related to product transitions to Manufacturing (eg. Layouts, HC capacity plan, Metrics, DFM etc.)
- Minimum Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, or related field, or minimum 8 years of either supervisory or engineering experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, DFT, and 6-sigma. Demonstrated experience in leading various Lean Manufacturing initiatives or projects.
- Experience in leading new product transfers into Manufacturing.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
- CAD experience is desirable, particularly in regards to 3D modeling programs such as Pro-E
- The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day