This position will serve as a technical resource for activities in the manufacturability of new product designs in order to achieve user needs, production needs, and meet cost targets while investigating and implementing innovative ways to maximize total process performance.
· Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision
· Establishing process methods which meet performance and quality requirements
· Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, forging, casting, and molding
· Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments
· Developing project plans and schedules for work activities
· Responsible for successful transition from R&D / pilot setting to full-scale production
· Act as a technical liaison between the cross-functional development team and the production facilities, including vendors, for new products
· Lead process-related risk management activities including process FMEAs, as well as support application and design FMEAs related to the new products
· Interface with quality and development engineers concerning critical aspects for inspection procedures and gages on new products
Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing; Must have developed process expertise in two of the following areas: machining, casting, heat treating, finishing, cleaning, passivation, packaging, and mastered a skill set as defined by Engineering Review Board.
Working knowledge of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements Demonstrates ownership of and ability to manage project assignments with a broad scope and high level of complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools
Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills; proficient in process development, Computer Aided Design Systems such as Solidworks and/or Solid Edge.,
Should be able to perform process characterization, qualification and capability analysis Strong root cause analysis experience with respect to manufacturing, secondary processes, and special processes, including leading such investigations Be able to write protocols and reports for process-related testing and validations including one or more of the following: special process validations, packaging validations, and sterility validations (EO/Gamma)
* B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering, or other engineering science plus 3-5 years of manufacturing process development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Up to 10%
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Orland Park, Illinois
Posted about 2 hours ago