Pro House Manager - Modlin Center for the Arts - 479988
The primary responsibility of the Pro House Manager is to oversee the safety and security of 600 patrons before, during, and after performances in the Modlin center venues. The Pro House Manager supervises all front-of-house staffing and operations for Modlin Center events and also serves as a primary point of communication among various Modlin Center staff members during events.
Management and Communication
- Manage usher staff of 15 people for each event.
- Train ushers prior to each event (outline basic duties and review emergency procedures).
- Assign usher positions and duties.
- Ensure that ushers give patrons full-service treatment.
- Manage standby seating process.
- Communicate regularly with Box Office to determine number of standby tickets returned.
- Organize group of standby patrons
- Regularly monitor inside of venue to determine location of available seats.
- Seat standby patrons in a timely and orderly fashion.
- Communicate regularly with the Box Office Manager and staff in person and by radio.
- Manage and distribute (on a discretionary basis) house seats.
- Plan and prioritize critical path for each performance.
- Establish communication among Stage Manager, professional House Manager, and ushers prior to and throughout performances.
- Take initiative in resolving patron seating or ticketing issues during the event.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
Operations and Technology
- Able to learn and independently operate the functions of each venue, including Camp Concert Hall, Jepson Theatre, Cousins Studio Theatre, and Perkinson Recital Hall.
- Provide necessary accommodations to patrons with specific needs, including, but not limited to, infrared listening devices, elevator access, up-front seating, and large print programs.
- Ensure that the lobby, reception areas, and audience spaces are prepared to receive the public, including proper temperature/climate, proper cleanliness, and adequate signage.
- Monitor, maintain, and distribute stock of playbills to ushers.
- Oversee house staff for concession, inventory, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Create House Manager report and electronically distribute it to Modlin Center Staff after each event.
Safety and Security
- Have working knowledge of emergency procedures for various situations such as fire, power outage, evacuation, medical emergencies, and other extraordinary situations as they arise.
- During the course of employment, become certified in adult CPR and administration of AED (Automated External Defibrillator). The Modlin Center will arrange training.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The schedule requires flexibility and the Pro House Manager must be able to work late nights and weekends.
- A retail or service background is helpful.
- Ability to use a Motorola two-way communication device.
- Ability to use email, shared drives, and electronic filing systems.
- Ability to use Macintosh computer and Microsoft Office Suite for Macintosh.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in House Management
- Retail experience or experience working with the public
- This is a temporary part-time position that works as needed. Primarily evening and weekend hours with flexibility required depending on production schedule and need.
Pay Grade 1 (Hourly rate starting at $14.00 or 15.00 per hour) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.