Position/Job Title: Printer Technician - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC has an immediate opening for a Printer Technician. The candidate shall provide printer support services for all printers, multi function devices and other devices on the network. The Printer Technician shall meet the metrics for printer support. The candidate shall document all actions taken to resolve problems, including research, analysis troubleshooting, contacts and final resolution using the approved AIS. The candidate shall refer unresolved problems to appropriate technical support staff or responsible organization and document the referral in Remedy. The candidate shall involve and collaborate with experts from other organizations and/or bases as appropriate depending on the complexity and scope of the problem. The candidate shall provide informal training to customers and other technicians on an as-needed basis. If the printer is covered by OEM warranty, the candidate will be responsible to coordinate repair/replacement parts with manufacturer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
Provide CST multi-function printer and desktop printer support to include, but not limited to:
- Software/firmware support
- Preventive maintenance
- Requirement's analysis
- Performance monitoring
- User manuals, documentation, and customer education materials
- Conform and participate with change management, configuration management and security requirements.
- Document all actions taken to resolve problems, including research, analysis troubleshooting, contacts and final resolution using the approved Automated Information System (AIS).
- Refer unresolved problems to appropriate technical support staff or responsible organization and document the referral in Remedy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 11+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience as a Printer Technician.
- Must possess and maintain an IT II level certification, an IAT II certifications DoD 8570.01-M is required. Certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.