There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Job Posting Title
Dynamic Vehicle Test Coordinator - Pre-Production Operations
6 - Engineering Group - Manufacturing Engineering
7 - Engineering Group - Manufacturing Engineering
Job Description Summary
In our pursuit to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, GM's global manufacturing engineering team is challenging the limits on what is possible and embracing agility as it reimagines how to build the next generation of vehicles. Our diverse team of manufacturing engineers play a crucial role in transforming our facilities through implementing the adoption of ground-breaking technologies. From raw sheet metal to final assembly, this team is reinventing the tools and processes that will enable GM to deliver on our promise to create an all-electric future.
Pre-Production Operations builds prototype vehicles that the product engineering team uses to validate the vehicle design, and manufacturing team utilize to validate the manufacturing process. The Pre-Production Operations Plant Assembly Verification Coordinator is a single-point assembly plant contact for the Assembly Verification Group (AVG). The role requires thorough understanding of vehicle electronics, vehicle diagnostics, and test equipment computer systems and software. The role requires the skills relevant to diagnosis of vehicle-level/AVG test failures and assigning failure/defect ownership. Coordination/participation in problem solving activities (with proper documentation) with the responsible business units (Quality/Manufacturing/Product Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering) is a core function of this role.
6 or 7 level opportunity
Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job DescriptionBasic Skills Required
- Be a member of the Pre-Production Electrical Team - an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant's top external and internal quality problems.
- Support Electrical First Time Quality, particularly the Measurement Point B (MPB) target of 99.5%.
- Provide documentation to and work with Quality, Manufacturing, Product Engineering, and AVG as required to establish containment plans and drive issues to closure.
- Maintain test software (such as NGFTT/GBFTT/VAST/DVT) and parameters as released by AVG.
- Use systems (such as MERS and GSIP) to correlate DVT failures to warranty reports and JD Power/Compass data.
- Identify and establish statistical controls to reduce product variation and identify WOW vehicles.
- Maintain SME-level proficiency in vehicle electrical architectures and the diagnostic processes used to troubleshoot vehicles within the plant environment, using Red-X and other statistical problem-solving methods when possible.
- Coordinate AVG equipment usage and understand electrical hardware, software, calibration parts usages. Understand the scope of product changes from engineering changes and coordinate Production Trial Runs.
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers. (Travel is required in this role)
- Understanding of computer systems and software
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Sciences, or related) or technical certification
- Thorough understanding of vehicle electronics, vehicle diagnostics, and test equipment computer systems and software
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.