Postdoctoral Associate - UF/GSK
Job No: 526089
Department: 32020000 - PH-PHARMACEUTICS
The College of Pharmacy's Department of Pharmaceutics (Lake Nona Campus) is seeking self-motivated applicants for a two-year post-doctoral fellowship position in the area of clinical pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics. The position will be supported through a joint fellowship program between GSK and the University of Florida. The overall objective of the fellowship is to provide the Fellow with research experience in both industry and academia in order to further the Fellow's development as an independent researcher who has the skills and experience to pursue a career in industry, academia, or a research/drug development setting.
The successful candidate will be offered opportunities to participate in:
1. Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic research projects and gain experience in:
- study design
- protocol development
- reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting pharmacokinetic/dynamic data
- population pharmacokinetic and/or pharmacodynamic analyses
- clinical trial simulations
- interspecies scaling
- preparing final reports
- writing sections of an IND or NDA
- presenting relevant findings at scientific meetings or in peer reviewed journals
2. The development of a new chemical entity and to plan an overall clinical pharmacokinetic/dynamic/drug metabolism development strategy for an investigational new drug or marketed compound
3. Didactic instruction that supplements training and personal interest. Course topics include but are not limited to biostatistics, advanced pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, drug analysis, or epidemiology
Commensurate with education and experience, based on NIH guidelines for postdoctoral stipends
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Science, or related fields or Pharm D or MD with knowledge of PK/PD analyses.
- Hands-on experience with nonlinear mixed effect modeling
- Experience with NONMEM, R, Phoenix, Monolix, Pumas or other related software packages
- Experience with conducting independent and/or collaborative research
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Strong communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your CV/resume, cover letter and list of 3 professional references.
Please note, this position is initially housed at the UF Research and Academic Center in Orlando, FL
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
No Applications Close:
03 Apr 2023 To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/526089/postdoctoral-associate-ufgskThe University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.