Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our Southeast Engineering Design Organization (EDO) is looking for a Plumbing Engineer to participate in the design and development of HVAC and plumbing systems for various buildings and facilities. This is the chance to apply your technical abilities to build innovative solutions for our clients.
This position can be based in one of the following locations: Chantilly, VA, Bowie, MD, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC.
Specific responsibilities of this role will include:
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- Calculation / Design of the systems below:
- Sanitary sewer
- Domestic/potable water
- Domestic hot water
- Storm water systems
- Plumbing fixtures
- Completion of engineering tasks from concept design through construction closeout including development of construction drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimates
- Development and execution of project plans and specifications
- Work effectively and proactively within multi-discipline project teams
If you're interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit an application!
- Bachelor's and/Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE license in one or more states
- 5-10 years of HVAC design experience for either public and/or private sector; previous consulting experience highly desired
- Working knowledge of state and national building and energy codes and standards
- Solid understanding of Revit
- Must be familiar with HVAC load calculation software
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to devise approaches to problem solving
- Ability to be proactive and accountable of the task involved
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
More about Life and Work @GHD
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Our Commitment to you
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD Expertise and Service Lines
This job has expired.