Responsible for running the business operations within the Dayton manufacturing facilities. Directs and oversees all functional areas of the shop floor, leading direct reports in such areas as quality assurance, manufacturing engineering, operations, purchasing/materials, and maintenance. Cultivates a capable multi-disciplinary organization in all areas, focusing on continuous improvement through goal setting, implementing manufacturing excellence tools and processes, and developing human capital.
- Help develop and build the team utilizing a hands on approach and methodology.
- Utilize a data-driven process to lead manufacturing operation in continuous improvement efforts measured by on-time delivery, past due orders, productivity, safety, quality, scrap, rework and housekeeping, cost containment through the implementation of the Management Operating System (MOS); improve production methods using lean manufacturing models and JIT concepts.
- Provides leadership which identifies and implements cost and improvements to processes, ensures that equipment and processes provide operator safety; provides effective preventative maintenance to building equipment and tooling.
- Supports the implementation of new products into production. researches, develops and implements major capital and expense projects. Supervise manufacturing on new product programs utilizing the Product Planning and Development Procedure.
- Manage scheduling processes including master scheduling, detail build scheduling, work order releases, material receipt and customer delivery commitment. Provide capacity planning and recommend adjustments. Direct warehouse receiving activities.
- Reviews production and operating reports to resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Identifies potential problems and takes corrective action; Reviews day-to-day departmental operations to ensure compliance with goals, authorizes overtime. Reviews proposed changes to work methods.
- Assist the design, procure & validate new equipment and processes for new product programs to enhance reliability and flexibility while promoting lean manufacturing with a flexible, synchronized flow.
- Provide support for audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations or some related field
- 7-10 years' experience in manufacturing businesses (experience in transportation industry preferred); previous work as production manager or operations manager with manufacturing experience.
This job has expired.
- Significant leadership skills including the ability to recruit and manage a highly skilled management team; must be able to establish goals with line of sight throughout facility and hold individuals accountable for achievement of objectives.
- QS-9000 or ISO-9000/TS16949 experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability; decision oriented.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills combined with excellent multi-tasking skills; negotiating experience preferred.
- Customer focused with high standards of performance.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to achieve results through others.
- Experienced in leading successful employee involvement efforts in a nonunion setting.
- Some travel required